Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

Contact him at: zshapiro12@gmail.com

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he’s gonna throw a bunch of picks. But goshdarnit…games are gonna be so much more exciting this year.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he's gonna throw a bunch of picks. But goshdarnit...games are gonna be so much more exciting this year.

Yeah, he's gonna throw a bunch of picks.You may be right, but I am not convinced that will be the case with all the options he will have at receiver this season.  A lot will depend on whether the Bucs can run the ball.

• farzillo

Participant

Yeah, he's gonna throw a bunch of picks. But goshdarnit...games are gonna be so much more exciting this year.

I don't mind if he throws a good amount of picks his rookie year, as long as he throws more touchdowns. If he throws like 20-25 interceptions but only like 15 or so touchdowns, that is when it will be a problem.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just having an offense will be pretty amazing to watch.Good time to be a Buc fan.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, he's gonna throw a bunch of picks.You may be right, but I am not convinced that will be the case with all the options he will have at receiver this season.  A lot will depend on whether the Bucs can run the ball.

I am his biggest fan, but I agree he will throw a ton of picks. Its a learning process. He will learn you cant test guys like Revis and Sherman. If you do you will pay. And that is fine, once he learns that, it will make him a better QB going forward.  So bottom line, I am expecting something like, 20 TD's and 15 Int's. A lot of the INT's will come early on.

• donsgift

Participant

Until that OLine can block anything he will definitely be throwing picks.

• dugout68

Participant

I think its funny that even in OTA’s, Glennon is still throwing to outlet receivers instead of stretching the field. This, to me, is exactly why Glennon makes the perfect back-up QB in the NFL. If you can’t even take risk in OTA’s, why would anyone believe you are going to do it when the season comes around.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think its funny that even in OTA's, Glennon is still throwing to outlet receivers instead of stretching the field. This, to me, is exactly why Glennon makes the perfect back-up QB in the NFL. If you can't even take risk in OTA's, why would anyone believe you are going to do it when the season comes around.

Good point and that is why I am not a big fan.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think its funny that even in OTA's, Glennon is still throwing to outlet receivers instead of stretching the field. This, to me, is exactly why Glennon makes the perfect back-up QB in the NFL. If you can't even take risk in OTA's, why would anyone believe you are going to do it when the season comes around.

Just can't imagine going thru life scared to take risk.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon not skrong!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon is a Gruden QB. Brian Griese v2

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just having an offense will be pretty amazing to watch.

It will be different, that's for sure.

• tyork

Mike Glennon is a Gruden QB. Brian Griese v2

Glennon is nothing like Griese. I think Glennon is more like former Super Bowl Champion Jeff Hostetler. Not the greatest QB, but functional. You do realize that Glennon was drafted by Schiano, not Gruden, don't you?

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree he will throw his share of picks. So does Luck but the TDs make up for it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more picks he throws in the preseason, the better. He has to learn which windows he can fit and which ones he cannot. I hope he learns from them

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more picks he throws in the preseason, the better. He has to learn which windows he can fit and which ones he cannot. I hope he learns from them

Yeah not exactly sure that is true, but I get what you're saying.  I've said all along, Winston's biggest challenge will be from year 1 to year 2.  He could be RG3 with a great rookie year then flounder after that because he is just too stubborn to change or he could go P Manning and not have the best statistical rookie year but learn from it and become a great QB.  We shall see.

• dugout68

Participant

Yeah not exactly sure that is true, but I get what you're saying.  I've said all along, Winston's biggest challenge will be from year 1 to year 2.  He could be RG3 with a great rookie year then flounder after that because he is just too stubborn to change or he could go P Manning and not have the best statistical rookie year but learn from it and become a great QB.  We shall see.

I don't think Winston will have an RG3 problem. Shanahan has stated that in RG3's first year, they built the offense around him, by doing more spread formations and he flourished. That all changed in his second year, when Washington switched back to a more traditional format, and RG3 suffered because of it. Winston will not have that problem. If anything, he should be much stronger. It's highly unlikely that there will be any major changes in the Bucs offense from this year to next. Continuity is key.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just can't imagine going thru life scared to take risk.

Those that take the risk are entitled to the rewards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

does anyone know glennon well enough to say he goes through life scared?  i get it, hes not an all pro QB and either doesnt see the field, trust himself, or what not.  just think its an unfair description of a guy who has done nothing but work hard.

• Anonymous

Inactive

does anyone know glennon well enough to say he goes through life scared?  i get it, hes not an all pro QB and either doesnt see the field, trust himself, or what not.  just think its an unfair description of a guy who has done nothing but work hard.

It was a piss-poor comparison, which lately, is par for the course with hate. But, Glennon does seem to be lacking that "killer instinct". If this is true, and he really is checking down and not looking to stretch the field in OTA's; then I'm glad that he's only a few months away from officially being our #2 guy. 3rd and 9 and we have Winston thinking "first down, first down, first down"Or3rd and 9 and we have Glennon thinking "don't throw a pick, don't throw a pick, don't throw a pick"Winston is the type of QB this offense needs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think Winston will have an RG3 problem. Shanahan has stated that in RG3's first year, they built the offense around him, by doing more spread formations and he flourished. That all changed in his second year, when Washington switched back to a more traditional format, and RG3 suffered because of it. Winston will not have that problem. If anything, he should be much stronger. It's highly unlikely that there will be any major changes in the Bucs offense from this year to next. Continuity is key.

RG3's problem was not switching the offense, it was him not learning the offense.  It was stated many times that RG3 simply did not put in the work and learn the playbook.  That applied even through last year.  It doesn't matter what style of offense is run, if the QB doesn't put the work into it, it won't work.Also note, I gave two examples, RG3 and Manning.  I think Winston is more like Manning than RG3.  Manning had 28 picks his rookie year because he thought he could force it in there, he even said himself, he was surprised at how fast the DBs could get there.  But for year two, he took that lesson and applied it and his ints fell dramatically.  The question is will Winston be able to balance his "just force it in there" attitude with smart intelligent football that includes just taking the sack or throwing it away.

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.