Viewing 80 reply threads

• Author

• The Anti-Java

Participant

spotrac
      has assessed a “market value” for Bucs QB Jameis Winston as a potential 2020 free agent. They have him at three years, $70.4 million, which works out to $23.4 million per year. Bucs have a major decision to make in the next 5 months.

Auman

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

spotrac

has assessed a “market value” for Bucs QB Jameis Winston as a potential 2020 free agent. They have him at three years, $70.4 million, which works out to $23.4 million per year. Bucs have a major decision to make in the next 5 months.

Auman

He should be happy to get 20 million with no guarantee.

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Winston needs a prove it deal if he wants to stay here. It also would be good for his career I think. Do a 2-3 prove it deal with with reliant upon performance bonus that allows the Bucs to build something around you and you can prove to the Bucs you are good. Then you cash in a few years and prove it for the team that drafted you number 1 overall. Otherwise get rid of him. We can’t be spending starter money on him when we still need to build a good team too. He’s not the guy who is going to put the team on his back so don’t pay him like it.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

Winston needs a prove it deal if he wants to stay here. It also would be good for his career I think. Do a 2-3 prove it deal with with reliant upon performance bonus that allows the Bucs to build something around you and you can prove to the Bucs you are good. Then you cash in a few years and prove it for the team that drafted you number 1 overall. Otherwise get rid of him. We can’t be spending starter money on him when we still need to build a good team too. He’s not the guy who is going to put the team on his back so don’t pay him like it.

All I know is that Winston is good enough to win a Superbowl.  Don’t get me wrong, no matter how optimistic you want to be he is not ever going to be a top five QB but when guys like Trent Dilfer win superbowls you know that a guy like Winston can.  The turnovers suck but if you start over (again) you don’t know if you’re going to get a guy who is even capable of putting up 400 yards and 4 touchdowns in a single game.  That part of his game is special.

I’d rather stick with what I know and try to build a decent defense and Oline/running game.  At least we’d have a chance to succeed over the next few years.

Please wait…

• knucknbuc

Participant

if we resign jameis cutler-dalton to 3 more years at 20+ million. we are the dumbest team in the league period.  i will have to stop watching im not watching guaranteed 5-11 – 6-10 seasons for 3 more years.

Please wait…

• knucknbuc

Participant

how much more do you think hes going to prove? how incredibly inconsistent he is? hes had 5 years to prove it and its been a failure to this point.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

This is his prove it year. He has 10 games left to clean up his room after the mess he made of it vs the Panthers.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Well, while a low ball non guaranteed deal sounds about right, he has the option to decline.
      And some QB desperate team will surely throw crazy money at him, believing they can fix him.

Please wait…

• jbear

Participant

if we resign jameis cutler-dalton to 3 more years at 20+ million. we are the dumbest team in the league period. i will have to stop watching im not watching guaranteed 5-11 – 6-10 seasons for 3 more years.

Alternatives?

Drafting a QB is a crapshoot as we’ve seen first hand.  I know a lot of people hate Winston but who do you replace him with?  The team is either going to keep trying to win or move on From Arians.  Arians didn’t come here to rebuild.  If he has a plan for a QB he thinks is an upgrade I’m all for it.   Short of that, I’m fine with signing Winston.  It sounds like a lot of money but it’s the market rate.  Just about any starting QB save Rookies is getting 20 mil a year these days.

Of course we still have to play out the year.  Winston could still implode.

Please wait…

• Jed

Participant

Well, while a low ball non guaranteed deal sounds about right, he has the option to decline.

And some QB desperate team will surely throw crazy money at him, believing they can fix him.

Seems about right for the Bucs way of thinking. This is how we get stuck with Morris as HC and Mike Smith as DC. Some other team was coming for them with a fist full of money.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

Teddy could be an option, Arians loves him.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

Teddy declined to go to Miami with a guarantee to start. Absolutely NOTHING makes Tampa a more attractive option. He’d be inclined to sit another season behind a soon to be 41 year old Brees.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

@BOOTZ

They cant pay both is the problem. Brees and Teddy, so one of them is likely out of there.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

@TheAnti-Java

Okay and that still doesn’t make Tampa an attractive option to go to. Put this into perspective. Teddy Bridgewater is from Miami….And he turned his hometown team down to stay a backup. He ain’t coming to Tampa so he can have media and fans run him down and out of town if he throws 1 INT.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

@TheAnti-Java

Okay and that still doesn’t make Tampa an attractive option to go to. Put this into perspective. Teddy Bridgewater is from Miami….And he turned his hometown team down to stay a backup. He ain’t coming to Tampa so he can have media and fans run him down and out of town if he throws 1 INT.

I think Miami goes QB with their #1 pick.
      And we all know money talks. If the Bucs threw that 20 mil at Teddy, I think he jumps on it.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

The Anti-Java
      —-
      I agree.

BA is more apt to sign a vet QB than draft a starting QB at this point his career.

He’s done it before.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

@TheAnti-Java

If money talked Teddy Bridgewater would be playing in Miami Gardens on Sundays. Not in downtown New Orleans.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

@TheAnti-Java

If money talked Teddy Bridgewater would be playing in Miami Gardens on Sundays. Not in downtown New Orleans.

Teddy may not be a Brian Flores fan. It will be interesting to see what he does as a free agent in 3-4 months.

Please wait…

• Havok904

Participant

—-
      He may not have a choice this year.
      The Saints are up against the cap in 2020.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>He may not have a choice this year.</span><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>The Saints are up against the cap in 2020.</span>

—-

Again, what makes Tampa an attractive option for him? It’s not his only option. And the Saints would surely make cap space to re-sign a QB. As would most teams with sense.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>He may not have a choice this year.</span><br style=”box-sizing: border-box; color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 15px;”>The Saints are up against the cap in 2020.</span>

—-

Again, what makes Tampa an attractive option for him? It’s not his only option. And the Saints would surely make cap space to re-sign a QB. As would most teams with sense.

Teddy will get paid big time. So they would be paying Teddy and Brees 50 mil combined? Unheard of. And this will be Teddys chance to sign a big deal and start somewhere, why would he stay there? To sit behind Brees? Its his time to cash in.

Please wait…

• Ja’crispy

Participant

—-

Bruce Airans, Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, OJ Howard, and Cam Brate are what would make Tampa way way more attractive option over Miami.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Miami wanted Bridgewater as a ‘bridge’ to a 1st overall pick. They were tanking hard this year and everyone knew it. Bridgewater would not have survived the year and would have little value at the end of the year. He made the right call to wait behind Brees and luckily for him the injury gave him a chance to shine and increase his value on a stacked team.

Tennessee is probably the best spot for him if they want to invest in him long term. That offense and defense could play to his strengths better than Tampa’s current roster composition which is built like a fantasy team and not a real football team.

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

I dont give an F about grandpa Arians. Dude is done. Winston is done. Finito. I dont hate him. He sucks. Some of you are beyond stupid. The majority of fans are over winston. While the glazers suck as owners they would gave a tough time selling Winston to fans.
      Face it…he sucks. One good year his RS freshman season. He’s been living off it ever since. Eating W’s. Gtfo.
      No more Winston.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

@Butters

You’re going to have to find a link to that. Miami before the season began went all in on Teddy and when they didn’t get him started the process of positioning themselves for the #1 pick. Signing Fitzpatrick, trading for Rosen(backup longterm) trading players for draft picks.

I agree though that Tennessee would be a better option. Arians likes a QB who drives the football down the field and that has never been Bridgewater’s game. He’s at his best when he has a run game to lean on and playmakers who can get the ball quickly and make plays on their own

Please wait…

• tog

Participant

How does Bridgewater fit Arians scheme? 

As we all know, Arians runs a vertical, aggressive scheme (much like Koetter’s). Winston was 3rd in intended air yards last year and is 2nd this year.

Teddy Bridgwater is 2nd LAST (to Luke Faulk!) He’s 22nd in yards/attempt.

Bridgewater is a fit for Gruden, not Arians. I don’t care what Arians said publicly – he’d have to run a completely different offense than he has to this points.

Please wait…

• red816

Participant

I pray this organization does NOT pay Winston.

68 interceptions, 43 fumbles, and counting…

Please wait…

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

Winston will not get a new contract and Gabbert will start next season because BA likes him. Draft a QB in the 2nd “death” Rd.  They will go after secondary in FA and bring back the same offensive line. I can just see this shit happening. If it makes no fucking sense this team will do it.

Please wait…

• Watchman

Participant

Any new deal for Winston (god I hope not) has to be incentive based to get him to starting QB $.

He is not good enough to overcome a team’s deficiencies in other areas, and has never consistently played at an elite level.  Based on that you need cap space to address other areas of need on the team.

The going rate for starting QBs who’ve led their team to the playoffs, or shown upside and potential is when the big $ contracts should be happening.  Winston isn’t in those categories.

I prefer the team just start over, but if they don’t, paying Winston +$20M a year is a massive mistake, unless it is performance incentives that get his comp that high.  Anything other than that would be idiotic, which means they’ll probably sign him long term to a massive deal.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

No player is good enough to overcome the deficiencies in other areas. On any team. That’s why the same team is almost literally in the Superbowl each year. That’s why guys like Brees & Rodgers as great as they are have only been to 1 Superbowl. Russell Wilson has been the same amount of times as those 2 combined.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

spotrac

Auman

I think a 3 yr deal at that would work for both #3 and the team.

Please wait…

• Watchman

Participant

No player is good enough to overcome the deficiencies in other areas. On any team. That’s why the same team is almost literally in the Superbowl each year. That’s why guys like Brees & Rodgers as great as they are have only been to 1 Superbowl. Russell Wilson has been the same amount of times as those 2 combined.

I disagree, but it is just an opinion.  When a team decides they are going to pay Rodgers or Wilson +$30M/year, and commit that much of the cap to a single player, they are banking on that player being able to overcome the deficiencies they will have in other areas due to lack of available cap space.  They are also banking on their ability to draft well, and get impact players on rookie contracts.  Sadly, the Bucs current management isn’t very good at that.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

That formula has been proven to be a failure. The 1 guy who’s been to the Superbowl 9 times over the last 18 years has never taken a huge chunk out of his teams salary cap. The wealth is spread out and as a result the talent gap from 1 to 53 is isn’t as huge as it is with the other 31 teams.

The truth is what makes Tom Brady’s job so easy is he doesn’t have to do as much as the Brees, Rodgers, Wilson’s of the world.

Please wait…

• Greattimes

Participant

Pro football is as much a money game as it is a on the field performance game.  If the Bucs commit 20 million a year to Winston, it severely limits the money that could go to other players. The Bucs would lose good players already on the team because the Bucs couldn’t fit their salary demands in under the salary cap. So it is not just how much Winston may be worth, but how signing him impacts the salary cap.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

@badtimes

What other players are you speaking about specifically that we’d be missing out on? I look at this Oline, which is the highest paid in the league. Damn sure don’t play like it. Love Evans but his salary was $20 million this year before getting restructured twice.

If paying Winston $20 million cripples a team then paying any QB more than that would certainly paralyze this team if you’re correct.

Please wait…

• Nobody

Participant

Pro football is as much a money game as it is a on the field performance game. If the Bucs commit 20 million a year to Winston, it severely limits the money that could go to other players. The Bucs would lose good players already on the team because the Bucs couldn’t fit their salary demands in under the salary cap. So it is not just how much Winston may be worth, but how signing him impacts the salary cap.

This was one of the big reasons why drafting ILB at 5 was such a huge problem; Salary savings for 5 years.

We’re paying a Rookie ILB 15th highest paid ILB money (for nowhere near top 15 production).  We’re effectively losing money…or, bare minimum, losing the windfall of cap savings we should have had for that rookie deal.

If we would have drafted an Edge player at 5, we would have had that windfall of cap savings for the duration of that rookie deal, paying them somewhere around 27th highest paid Edge at the number for that draft position.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

That formula has been proven to be a failure. The 1 guy who’s been to the Superbowl 9 times over the last 18 years has never taken a huge chunk out of his teams salary cap. The wealth is spread out and as a result the talent gap from 1 to 53 is isn’t as huge as it is with the other 31 teams.

The truth is what makes Tom Brady’s job so easy is he doesn’t have to do as much as the Brees, Rodgers, Wilson’s of the world.

lol @ Bootz

Gisele makes 30 million a year.

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

@BP1

Not sure who you mean but QBs who make that much aren’t going to the Superbowl let alone winning them

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

Not sure who you mean but QBs who make that much aren’t going to the Superbowl let alone winning them

Sweetheart, I’m laughing so hard right now. That’s his wife. He can afford the pay cut. :)

Please wait…

• Bootz2004

Blocked

OH SHIT! LMAO!!!

Damn my mind had a huge brain fart! I’m thinking you’re talking about some other player. My bad. But yes, Gisele Bundchen makes more than enough to support him.

That said though, Ciara makes a ton herself yet Russell Wilson still took a huge chunk.

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

Brady doesn’t do much?  35 4th quarter comebacks?  35.  Good lawd.

Has Winston retarded the brains of some of you?

Cpt Crablegs is GARBAGE.  Can we stop talking Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc and that loser.

Please.

Please wait…

• BP1

Participant

OH SHIT! LMAO!!!

Damn my mind had a huge brain fart! I’m thinking you’re talking about some other player. My bad. But yes, Gisele Bundchen makes more than enough to support him.

That said though, Ciara makes a ton herself yet Russell Wilson still took a huge chunk.

Tom has been around longer than Russell so he has made a few dollars more. Ciara is not even close to what Gisele makes. Gisele makes Ciara’s net worth and then some in one year. She was the world’s top paid model at age 17. It seems crazy I know. Tom and Gisele together have a net worth of 540 million.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

I wouldn’t put it past Kraft to have some kind of marketing agreement with one of Gisele’s Brazilian companies to backdoor money to Brady. Why else would he really be playing for less than market value when he could force then to pay him market value? I mean business is business.

Please wait…

• JameisStinkston

Participant

Zero. He’s extremely dumb and is a turnover machine.

extremely dumb + turnover machine =  ZERO.

Please wait…

• RudeGuy

Participant

I wouldn’t put it past Kraft to have some kind of marketing agreement with one of Gisele’s Brazilian companies to backdoor money to Brady. Why else would he really be playing for less than market value when he could force then to pay him market value? I mean business is business.

It would not surprise me. Kraft is a sneaky little bastard.

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Winston has no market value. He will sign a 1-year prove it deal with a team like Tennessee, Chicago, or Cincinnati. It will be a 1-year $12M deal with incentives and a team option. After he loses out on the starting job, he’ll be a back up somewhere for about 2 years, then out of the league.

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

Winston has no market value. He will sign a 1-year prove it deal with a team like Tennessee, Chicago, or Cincinnati. It will be a 1-year $12M deal with incentives and a team option. After he loses out on the starting job, he’ll be a back up somewhere for about 2 years, then out of the league.

Sadly, this is true. Winston and his agent won’t let him take a lot less money to be a backup for 2 years learning. They will want a starting opportunity with starting pay. And some team, probably pretty bad team, will give it to him and he will flash but repeat his ultimate failure there too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You think Winston will only be offered a one year prove it deal?

Please wait…

• freddy

Participant

You think Winston will only be offered a one year prove it deal?

Correct. It may officially be a 3 year deal, but with years 2 and 3 voidable so they can dump him when he fails.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Winston’s FA deal (assuming his current trend of play continues) will look much like Glennon’s Bears deal, it was in essence a 1 year deal masquerading as a 3 year deal. The $$ will probably be a bit richer due to salary inflation over the last 5 years so maybe a 3/50 or 3/60 that is really just a 1 year 17-20m deal. I don’t think a team will want to give him a straight up one year deal because they will want to hold on to him a bit longer if it turned out good, but they won’t guarantee that money for fear of him imploding.

Please wait…

• Graham

Participant

Have to let the rest of the season play out.  An awful game right before the bye week hasn’t done him many favors in the perception department.  Prior to the London game though he had been quite good.

We wouldn’t be satisfied with 4 good to great starts for every poor one?  People around here talk about consistency at the QB position like it’s an easy commodity to find.

Please wait…

• Walkin the plank since78′

Participant

He’s played quarterback for a long time…if his internal clock(understanding when the ball needs to be out by) = doesn’t work, his instinct to throw the ball away when necessary = isn’t his instinct, his accuracy is inaccurate, he still can’t throw the deep ball, and his decision making = questionable to poor…that’s all a recipe for “thanks, but no thanks!”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QBR is a hated stat around he when it shades Jameis in a poor way, funny since previous years the same posters loved using it to show that Jameis was getting better. But the basis of QBR is to ‘normalize’ play on a 0-100 scale with 50 being average/normal/expected performance. So if you put that on a letter grading scale it works out to 80-100 is A 60-80 is B 40-60 is C 20-40 is D and 0-20 F.

Jameis has 6 games this year and the grades are as such
      D, B, C, A, F, F

So those trying to claim he’s had 4 ‘good’ games for every bad game hasn’t been paying much attention, He’s had one bad game for every good game this year. His overall grade is barely a C, so like a C-.

This is by far his worst season to date. Last year his grades look like this
      5 A’s, 2 B’s, 2 C’s, 2 D’s.
      He had no F’s last year and already has 2 this year. Even the shitshow in Cincinnati last year graded out at a D. For the year last year he graded out as a B, the best QBR of his career (first three years were all in the C’s).

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

@Butters, that is really disappointing in his crucial season.

Please wait…

• The Anti-Java

Participant

QBR is a hated stat around he when it shades Jameis in a poor way, funny since previous years the same posters loved using it to show that Jameis was getting better. But the basis of QBR is to ‘normalize’ play on a 0-100 scale with 50 being average/normal/expected performance. So if you put that on a letter grading scale it works out to 80-100 is A 60-80 is B 40-60 is C 20-40 is D and 0-20 F.

Jameis has 6 games this year and the grades are as such

D, B, C, A, F, F

So those trying to claim he’s had 4 ‘good’ games for every bad game hasn’t been paying much attention, He’s had one bad game for every good game this year. His overall grade is barely a C, so like a C-.

This is by far his worst season to date. Last year his grades look like this

5 A’s, 2 B’s, 2 C’s, 2 D’s.

He had no F’s last year and already has 2 this year. Even the shitshow in Cincinnati last year graded out at a D. For the year last year he graded out as a B, the best QBR of his career (first three years were all in the C’s).

Good post B man.
      Random thought, I wonder if Winston ever thinks, maybe I should played baseball instead.

Please wait…

• CyberDilemma

Participant

This is by far his worst season to date. Last year his grades look like this 5 A’s, 2 B’s, 2 C’s, 2 D’s.

This makes sense that it would be his worse year. It is the first time in five years he has had to learn a new system. It’s very, very rare in this league for a QB to get to play 4 years in the same system with the same offensive coaches for four straight years.

Please wait…

• Biggs3535

Participant

Entertaining thread.

The Sportrac estimate was insane.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s where it is most entertaining. Brady is likely going to be 44 when he takes his first snap as a Buccaneer. We knew this was a strong possibility when we cut ties with Winston and signed TB. Oh yeah, and now the city potentially loses all of that Super Bowl money. The decisions made and the long term effect they will have on the franchise are swimming in our franchise’s stench. Grandpa Bay indeed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still have some Jameis on your chin there ace.[postquote quote=1294821]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294823]

And the one trick pony because his insults have zero originality award goes to……..X.

If you thought his handle was dumb, you should read his posts….

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

[postquote quote=1294821]

I’d rather have 44 and 45 year old Tom Brady for $50M than Winston at age 27 and 28 at any number. At no point in Winston’s career will he be better than Brady at any point in his career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294832]

How about almost any starting QB in the league would have been better than bringing in Tom Brady at 43. Tampa finds new and inventive ways to shit their pants. This one is going to be all time i’m afraid. Not a hater, a realist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Got some Jameis in your anus as well. Time to let it go, you dumbass. [postquote quote=1294834]

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

[postquote quote=1294834]

What QB’s were better options than Brady this off-season? Rivers? Dalton? Newton? Mariota? Flacco? Foles?

Pass. I’d rather have Brady than all of them.

I wouldn’t consider you a realist, but a pessimist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294839]

You must not be atuned to how many QBs have ever had success at 43. It’s none of them, ever. Just an FYI

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

[postquote quote=1294878]

I know that Tom Brady went to two Super Bowls after age 40, winning one. You’re acting like the national Buccaneer hating media from back in the day. Remember when the Bucs couldn’t win in cold temps? You’d always hear, “Bucs have never won when the kick off temp was 46 degrees.” Then they’d win, and the number changes. It would keep moving down and down and down. You’re doing the same thing. Just because it never happened, it doesn’t mean that it can’t be done.

I think this is a perfect scenario. Bring in a great QB, who’s still a top 10 player, at a reasonable price, to take spearhead the most talented offense in the NFL. Add him to a team that has an improving defense with a lot of upside, and you have a team that can compete. Will they win a Super Bowl? Maybe. Maybe not. But I do know that the possibilities exists and is legitimate. Even Vegas agrees, as the Bucs are a top 5 team in odds to win the Super Bowl this year. They have the Bucs at 9.5 wins, with only 5 teams higher than them.

On top of all of that, there’s no salary cap hell this contract presents. It’s 2 years and money the Bucs had/have. After this season, the Bucs can move on from other higher paid players. Barrett and Godwin can still get new deals. Suh can be replaced after the season. So can Jensen. Basically, a relocation of money without too much extra expense, if any.

Again, what to you would have been a better route? I mean, I think everyone here is in agreement that every QB I listed previously, including Winston, has a lower ceiling than Brady. What direction would you have gone in, where you think that the upside would higher and cheaper, as well as long term possibilities?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294883]

If ew win the Super Bowl in the next two seasons, great move. Anything less, it’s a fucking joke of a move.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@deflateSaintsteve wrote:

If ew win the Super Bowl in the next two seasons, great move. Anything less, it’s a fucking joke of a move.

That’s your standard and only your standard.

Tampa avoided being stuck in a vicious cycle of waiting for Winston to come around in what could have been a guaranteed 5 or 6-year contract. That 5 or 6-year contract would prevent the Bucs from actually drafting a new QB into the future. With Brady, we know we’re going to draft a QB into the future, unless we continue this FA QB route.

The next QB just needed to be better than Winston.

Winston: 33 TDs, 30 INTs, 7 pick-6s
        Brady: 28 TDs, 8 INTs, 1 pick-6

Brady is vastly superior to Winston. That alone makes the Bucs winners. We are no longer waiting for Winston to turn the corner. Winston never made the playoffs. So why is the Super Bowl the new standard when we never made the playoffs at all under Winston?

Don’t worry, I know you don’t possess a direct, competent response to this because it can’t be refuted. LoL

Brady is a starting QB today. Winston is a third string QB. C’est la vie.

Please wait…

• seekpar

Participant

Agree 100%. Bringing TB to TB was costly, but keeping Lameis Jameis around for another 5-6 years would have been way way more costly.

Please wait…

• Lawdy

Participant

true, it was time to move on

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

[postquote quote=1294907]

Soooo… you don’t have a suggestion that was better than what the Bucs did? Didn’t think so.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Soooo… you don’t have a suggestion that was better than what the Bucs did? Didn’t think so.

—————

How many times do we need to cover this? Winston is a better option in Arian’s offense. Bridgwater is many years younger and has a stronger arm than Brady right now. Dalton would have been a great game manager QB for a defensive lead team. Cam Newton is a better option than Brady. Derek Carr could have been had for cheap. Small ball QBs are easy to find. All you have to do is not fall in love with the GOAT at the tail end of his career. Tampa is always going to out Tampa itself.

Please wait…

• Jon Gruden

Participant

BREAKING NEWS: Buccaneers win 2020 Super Bowl.

Red Board: 5 new Jameis posts.

Can we talk about anything else?

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

[postquote quote=1294960]

LOL @ Winston

Please wait…

• BucBalla85

Participant

Lol so happy we signed Brady over Winston. If we signed Winston to a long term deal after the disaster of a finish he had I would have seriously questioned this team. They went out and got the best of all time and some people are complaining. Some people are never satisfied and its best that once you realize those are like that to not waste your time.

The bucs always make stupid decisions but signing the best of all time is not one of them. If we were able to sign Brady and we all knew that but we went out and signed one of those other crap players instead that is actually what usually happens to the bucs.

We are never the team that signs the best player available. The agenda is obvious. Someone is so upset that his team didn’t sign his precious Winston and now he has to let everyone know daily about it. Quit whining…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He cannot be this stupid can he? He’s not even a good troll…worthless and stupid. [postquote quote=1294960]

Please wait…

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

@BucBalla85

Exactly. Any deal, even 1 year, with Winston would have only set this team back.

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@deflateSaintSteve wrote:

How many times do we need to cover this? Winston is a better option in Arian’s offense.

In fact, Winston was the best option in an Arians’ offense to create and be the President of the first ever 30/30 club! And Winston also added an extra threshold to that club, you must also have thrown a minimum of 7 pick-6’s!

Alas, we must all come to console ourselves that Winston could not create yet another club under Arians’ offense as the Bucs decided to become a more efficient offense than being the best deficient offense in the league.

Throw a lighter up as we can never reproduce or produce worse than the 33/30 with 7 pick-6’s ever again. ::: sniffle, sniffle :::

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1294978]

Martin Brodeur wishes you would stick to topics you know something about…

Please wait…

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Winston is a better option in Arian’s offense.

Yet, there were 32 teams who didn’t view him as a starter.

Weird…

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

#deflateSaintSteve wrote:

Martin Brodeur wishes you would stick to topics you know something about…

hahahhahahahahhaha You named a player who hasn’t played hockey in 5 years. hahahhahahahhahahahhahahahhahah I guess Brodeur and Winston have that in common, no playoffs in five consecutive years! hahahhahahha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1295041]

Sorry about the archaic reference, let’s use Grant Fuhr instead…

The minute you view football as a one man game and not a complex orchestration of coaches and multiple players, you should just go grab your casual card and jump the fuck off of the board. Any counter-argument to this should be viewed as a feminine strawman.

Please wait…

Viewing 80 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.