Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Players should all get together and let every player get exposed to CV?
      Get it over with NOW– before the season starts??

Get it over with in June/earlyJuly– so that it’s not hanging over everyone’s head in Aug,Sept,Oct,Nov,Dec,Jan,Feb!!!

It could get UGLY if the NFL doesn’t do a controlled burn before the season, imo…

Please wait…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

?

The whole point of social distancing and home lock downs was to prevent overwhelming the health system. Making all the players get the Kung Flu at the same time is actually putting them at a higher risk, despite the low level of affect from the Kung Flu.

If you’re young and healthy, then you’ll probably contract the Kung Flu, but be asymptomatic. The CV will proliferate everywhere and no vaccine until December at the earliest. Inducing the Kung Flu to all the players at one time is taking a significant risk with their lives if they become symptomatic or the lives of others outside of the NFL who become symptomatic under a concrete number of hospital beds and ventilators.

Your proposition sounds like a mad scientist’s maniacal scheme that omits several factors. I don’t know what the correct answer is, but getting everyone sick at the same time is the worst idea one can come up with!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[postquote quote=1292549]

Yeah, contrary to the many doctors and scientists that frequent our boards, no one if forced into the contagion of this disease, that plays football, is going to die from it and, it allows all players to be eligible to play again once they are well. So, as crazy as it sounds to those that think .000001 percent of this healthy male, athlete at the top of their game is going to die from getting this, it’s simply not the worst idea.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

70-90% of the population must get the disease for herd immunity to apply. Not 70 to 90% of the team, 70-90% of the population. So, Doc Steve, you can’t do herd immunity for a small subset of the population such as a team. It has to be the whole population. But I’m not a doctor.

As for the OP’s idea of “just get it over with” for the team…. OK so lets say the team actually came together and got the permission of the NFLPA and family and close associates to all agree to this idea, and all those people agree to either stay away from the player or stay quarantined from the rest of society for a while. You then have another problem. You have to play other teams! These other teams didn’t agree to play against a team which has entirely been infected by Covid.

So this idea could be slightly problematic. Leave it to me once again to think things through for you. Your welcome.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

But as for the “controlled burn”. Well isn’t that what the whole approach for Covid has been to flatten the curve? But still I don’t think we are ready to just say “screw it” and get everybody sick or exposed. Eventually, if there is no vaccine, that’s going to happen. But I don’t think you can rush it for the benefit of sports fans everywhere.

Please wait…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Stupid post from a true POS

Please wait…

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

[postquote quote=1292556]

Exactly!

Every team quarantine themselves at their designated sites to get the virus, so that play can go on and the playing field is level for all teams when the real games start!!

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

Al I can think of is office space…

That is the worst idea I’ve ever heard

Please wait…

• buccnation

Participant

It’s just a severe flu season from what I’ve read and researched. Just play on imo.

Please wait…

• LVBUC2

Participant

So you are asking these players to purposely get expose to something that could, not likely kill them. So say out of the 3,000 players and coaches get expose we have 5 die, maybe Mahomes, Donald, Wilson, Elliott and Brady. it’s not just the one that could die, how about the greater percentage that will have long lasting health issues?

Please wait…

• The Anomaly

Participant

People have gone full returd.

Damn.

Please wait…

• tampaspicer

Participant

It wouldn’t be a bad idea if someone put you in a barrel full of covid until you drown on your own mucus.

Please wait…

• Roy

Participant

Chronic, OMG. That’s all I can say. So you are going to coerce (not everyone is going to agree to do this voluntarily) every player in the NFL, take them away from their family and stick them in a hotel and get them sick on purpose. You are going to need a staff of doctors and nurses. You know a couple guys are going to die doing this anyway. But hey one or two fatalities we can live with that right? Well not those couple of guys… but we can! And the point after which they aren’t contagious anymore varies so you can’t just keep everyone there for two weeks and be done with it. And you have to have security guards to keep even one family member or pizza guy from visiting. And of course we know medical personnel they never catch the disease right?

Lets do it! What could go wrong with this plan?????

Please wait…

• Wutt

Participant

Dumbest comment of the decade goes to @thechronichotair congrats you idiot.

Please wait…

• ktownbuc47

Participant

Is every player, coach, all team personnel, on field staff, journalist and officials going to be tested before every game. If not every player risks (albeit small) the chance to contact the virus. Taking someones temperature is not fool proof. So are the entire staff and players going to be tested before every practice? Glad i’m not in charge, there are some tough decisions to be made.

Please wait…

• buccaneerNW

Participant

[quote quote=1292576]Every team quarantine themselves at their designated sites to get the virus, so that play can go on and the playing field is level for all teams when the real games start!![/quote]

Okay genius. Let’s do that and you can join them.

Jeezus Foecking Kreiste you’re stupid.

Please wait…

• kenntak

Participant

And what if the virus returns during the season? I saw reports that some people who have two consecutive negative test results, and are supposedly healed, can have the disease resurface. Sort of like chickenpox remaining dormant for awhile and then returning. I also read that the way the virus is acting is surprising some scientists. This is not at all simple.

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.