Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

James Wilder Jr to Meet With Tampa Bay BuccaneersBy Matt Tidcombe - Apr 7th, 2014 at 5:58 pm wilder_zps9c25f092.jpg Kim Klement-USA TODAY SportsFresh off of hosting Teddy Bridgewater today, the Bucs continue to bring in potential draft targets and the next player on the list is Florida State junior running back James Wilder Jr. According to the man himself, Wilder Jr will visit with the Bucs on Friday. wilder1_zpsb64a52dd.gifCBS Sports prospect ranking system has Wilder Jr as the 19th best running back in this year’s draft, and they project him to be a 6-7th round draft pick. Last season, as a member of FSU’s national title winning team, he ran for 563 yards and eight touchdowns. Over the course of his FSU career he had 1,358 rushing yards and 20 touchdowns. Where Wilder Jr, or any other running back for that matter, would fit in with the Bucs is unclear. The team has a returning, and healthy, Doug Martin in 2014 and will also have Mike James and Bobby Rainey, who both played admirably in Martin’s absence last season. If Wilder Jr ends up in Tampa, he would follow in his father’s footsteps. James Wilder Sr played with the Bucs from 1981-1989 where he rushed for 5,957 yards and 37 touchdowns. He also had 3,492 receiving yards during his nine years with the Buccaneers. His 1984 season remains the greatest rushing year in franchise history as he racked up 1,544 yards on 407 carries with 13 touchdowns. While Wilder Sr is already etched in as a Bucs legend, his son will now get his own opportunity to impress the franchise on Friday.http://thepewterplank.com/2014/04/07/james-wilder-jr-meet-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not very good with a very questionable attitude…big PASS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He has a bad attitude?  That’s surprising.  He father had a great attitude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not very good with a very questionable attitude...big PASS

stop making things upWilder has a great attitude and is team first. its his off the field antics that give teams pause. the kid is a hardworker but makes mistakes off the field. hed be a fine late round pick and a key special teamer

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he has off the field problems, I don’t want him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your Gator fandom is showing and its ugly.  Maybe we should look at that QB from Georgia Southern who torched you guys on the ground too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he has off the field problems, I don't want him.

Doubt he is off running with lady boys though

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he has off the field problems, I don't want him.

Doubt he is off running with lady boys though

So you and he don't have your lady boy fetish in common?    I didn't know you types liked to hang out with other straight guys anyway.  Not sure why that would be an issue for you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

with as many needs as we have going into the draft, we do not need to waste a pick on a RB position that is thankfully overstocked right now. As a FA pickup, sure, but no draft picks for RB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe if he wants to convert to FB …. he sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a 5 star athlete and very highly recruited coming out of high school but didn’t get much of a chance in a very loaded FSU backfield.Granted he didn't rise to the top and start but maybe there is some skill set potential for development at the pro level. Worth inviting him in and taking a look.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wilder aside, I don’t think it’s out of the question that we bring in competition for the #3 back, especially if it is someone that is an upgrade on STs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He runs tall. Kinda reminds me of michael pittman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would take a look at him as a UDFA.Not fast and he does run tall, but his last name gets him a try out in my opinion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a key special teamer

was he a st standout at fsu? I can’t recall.He reminds me of Leroy hoard... You need 2 yards I'll get you 3. You need 10 yards, I'll get you 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kid did himself a disservice by staying at RB.  He doesn’t have the skill set for that position. Most of the other major colleges recruiting him wanted him on defense. He could have developed into a hell of a linebacker.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kid did himself a disservice by staying at RB.  He doesn't have the skill set for that position. Most of the other major colleges recruiting him wanted him on defense. He could have developed into a hell of a linebacker.

I agree. My business partner owns a restaurant in south tampa and James worked there as a busboy for a little while and i was able to talk to him a bit about that. He was dead set on being a rb, it is his dream so cant fault him for it but he would be a hell of a LB. I can tell you he had a great attitude at work at was extremely nice and respectful to coworkers and guests so i say the bad attitude talk is BS. He is a good kid and made a couple young and dumb decisions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully they can bring him in as a UDFA…..get him on the Special Teams squad and convert him back to his natural position which is linebacker…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was a 5 star athlete and very highly recruited coming out of high school but didn't get much of a chance in a very loaded FSU backfield.Granted he didn't rise to the top and start but maybe there is some skill set potential for development at the pro level. Worth inviting him in and taking a look.

He could've been a stud at LB and refused to listen to anyone, apparently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a key special teamer

was he a st standout at fsu? I can't recall.He reminds me of Leroy hoard... You need 2 yards I'll get you 3. You need 10 yards, I'll get you 3.

yes. we actually use starters on ST at FSU. kid is a hell of a tackler tooas others have said he could have been special at linebacker. i think he should have played both ways like Myles Jack does at UCLA. this is the only reason i wouldnt mind us using a 7th on him becvause he can run the ball and play ST. versatility is big to me

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your Gator fandom is showing and its ugly.  Maybe we should look at that QB from Georgia Southern who torched you guys on the ground too.

Save your rivalry nonsense for the college board ya nut

Please wait…

• calrose

Participant

As a die hard, life long Nole, I watch every game.  There really wasn’t a game in the 2 years JWJ played that I was at all impressed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think there is a good chance he doesn’t get drafted at all.  Then it may hit him, that RB may not be his position.  If he didn’t have that name, NO ONE would even be discussing him. He would just be another guy hoping to get drafted in the 7th, or get a tryout somewhere after the draft is over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As a die hard, life long Nole, I watch every game.  There really wasn't a game in the 2 years JWJ played that I was at all impressed.

Not even the Florida - Florida State game? You sure you a 'Noles fan? Retract previous statement.

Please wait…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.