Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Five Best Opportunities For the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to Win in 2014By Matt Tidcombe - Apr 24th, 2014 at 4:57 pm mark-barron-nfl-atlanta-falcons-tampa-bay-buccaneers_zps3bff2916.jpg Kim Klement-USA TODAY SportsThe 2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers schedule was released yesterday and now with it comes the dissection of how exactly everything lines up when the season gets rolling on September 7. The Bucs don’t have an easy schedule, far from it. But there are definitely a number of games they can win and here is a look at five games that the Bucs could come out of with the victory, in no particular order (for the record, I think the Bucs will win more than five games – our predictions will come later). Week 8 vs Minnesota Vikings (October 26) The Bucs have their bye week in week 7 so this game against the Vikings comes after the Bucs get the week off. That should greatly aid them against Minnesota, who have games against New England, Green Bay, New Orleans, and Detroit, before making a rare appearance in Tampa. While Adrian Peterson will be a threat, the Vikings quarterback situation shouldn’t cause the Bucs defense too much trouble and the Bucs should cruise past the Vikings at Ray Jay. Week 9 @ Cleveland Browns (November 2) After a (hopefully) week 8 win against the Vikings, the Bucs should role into Cleveland and pick up their second straight win since the bye week. The Browns play Jacksonville and Oakland before hosting the Bucs, meaning they could have their own winning streak on the line. However, as long as the Josh McCown sticks to short, intermediate throws against a good Cleveland secondary, the Bucs should leave FirstEnergy Stadium victors. Week 11 @Washington Redskins (November 16) Playing the Redskins in Washington won’t be an easy game for Lovie Smith and co. but it’s a game they can definitely win. While the Redskins have an electric offense, it also relies on health, especially that of RGIII, and in recent years that hasn’t held up. What could be problematic for the Bucs is that the Redskins will be coming off of their bye week, but if the Bucs secondary does their job containing Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson, and the front seven keep RGIII in the pocket as best they can, the Bucs will win. Week 2 vs St. Louis Rams (September 14) The game against the Rams will be the second straight home game to start the season for the Bucs and presents an opportunity for Tampa to go to 2-0 or to least get back to .500 if they fall to the Panthers in week 1. The Rams are a funny team – each year they seem primed to make a jump to the next level, but they don’t. Sam Bradford will be under center again but his inconsistency should provide the Bucs defense with some turnovers. The Bucs’ offensive line will be under a lot of pressure in this game because of the high octane force that is the Rams defensive line, but if they give McCown the time to make his throws then the Bucs should win. Realistically, if the Bucs want to make the playoffs, this kind of home game is a must win. Week 4 @ Pittsburgh Steelers (September 28) The Steelers are in a weird spot. Their roster is made up of players who are very experienced and players who have only been in the league a handful of years. It’s the latter part of their roster the Bucs must target to win. Containing Ben Roethlisberger is key – there’s a reason he’s won two Super Bowls. The other part of the equation here is the Steelers schedule in the first three weeks. They play their first two games over a four day stretch, and in week 3 play on Sunday Night Football. The Bucs don’t tend to play well against the Steelers (they’ve lost lost four straight) but week 4 gives them an opportunity to turn the tables.http://thepewterplank.com/2014/04/24/five-best-opportunities-tampa-bay-buccaneers-win-2014/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Any of those teams could give us a competitive game.  Rams and Steelers are no push overs. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Never over look any team you are playing, there are no easy wins until the game is over. Just ask all those teams who lost to the Bucs during the bad years of the 80’s….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you are consistently picking in the top 10…more than likely your team is the one being considered an “easy win”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s no such thing as an easy win in the NFL. Even Jacksonville and Oakland can rise up and beat you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s too early to tell . Any of those teams could end up playoff teams with a decent draft and some luck in the health department. No team is far away from contending in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think our schedule lines up favorably, but that Rams game is a tough one and could really set the table for the first part of the season. Wins against Carolina and St. Louis, and there would be a lot of optimism.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only game on that schedule that should be easy based on match ups is the Redskins game.  That Washington team is going to be one steaming pile of horse dung. Other than that, it’s tough to say.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

5 easy blow outs for the Bucs.  If those games are even close, I will be disappointed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only game on that schedule that should be easy based on match ups is the Redskins game.  That Washington team is going to be one steaming pile of horse dung. Other than that, it's tough to say.

Washington has a lot of talent, and Jay Gruden is a good offensive coach. Don't think they'll be turrible, but we'll see.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought doesn’t even cross my mind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When I looked over the schedule, the only game I felt confident about was the home game against Minnesota.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It April. Every single year there are a handful of teams expected to be tough who come out and are weaker than expected and vice-versa. Our schedule could end up way tougher than it looks, or way easier than it looks. Either way, no way to know until September.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easy wins?I would like to quote what a great man once said."Lolz"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams an easy game? That is funny. Considering they would be the second best team in half of these divisions I would say no. Redskins with a healthy and confident RGIII, not easy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easy games?…in the NFL?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington is an easy game.  I’ve heard rumblings that they are considering not making our entire team travel for that game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think those teams have Tampa marked down as an easy game :

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

there are no easy games on this schedule…. not even the browns game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, no we can’t talk easy games. Winnable, sure,easy no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, no we can't talk easy games. Winnable, sure,easy no.

Espescially given the nature of the offense at this point.Enigmatic is saying it lightly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Washington is an easy game.  I've heard rumblings that they are considering not making our entire team travel for that game.

You are getting close the edge man. Back off a bit before you fall over the cliff.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Easy games?...in the NFL?

Agree. And its common in the league for teams to go from the outhouse to the penthouse in one season. That is what makes the league popular. Fans of bad teams have hope.Next season a few teams like the Browns, Rams, Redskins, and Bucs could look completely different than the 2013 versions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No easy games, agree with that sentiment.And with this offense, it looks like the odds are stacked against us, to be honest...Give it a season or three.  More years burnt away in memory...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No easy games, agree with that sentiment.And with this offense, it looks like the odds are stacked against us, to be honest...Give it a season or three.  More years burnt away in memory...

The D will be much improved B-man.  I think we can all agree on that.  So, if Tedford can muster up some semblance of a respectful offense, they could be decent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we will be a 7-9 to 10-6 team next year. Somewhere in that range. Games can be lost so easily if you don’t make the key moments count in your favor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are going to be a 10+ win team this season….. but none of the games we will play will be easy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wins in football, and especially in the NFL are NEVER easy. Stupid article.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we will be a 7-9 to 10-6 team next year. Somewhere in that range. Games can be lost so easily if you don't make the key moments count in your favor.

Way to go out on a limb there.  j/k

Please wait…

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.