Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Duron Carter to be ‘highly sought after’ by NFL? by Joe Soriano 11 minutes ago carter_zps762b013d.pngMay 3, 2012; Eden Prairie, MNMinnesota Vikings wide receiver Duron Carter (13) does stretching exercises prior to drills at the Minnesota Vikings rookie minicamp at Winter Park. Bruce Kluckhohn-USA TODAY Sports Duron Carter received a few workouts prior to the 2013 NFL Draft before ultimately going undrafted due to massive character concerns. He went on a college carousel, playing for Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida Atlantic and showing major maturity issues at every stop. These questions prevented a top-notch talent from ever fulfilling his potential, sticking with a top college program, or making it into the NFL right out of college. He was able to sign a tryout with the Minnesota Vikings, but that, as expected, didn’t amount to anything for a player who never played a snap for Bama or FAU. But fortunes could change for the son of Hall of Fame wide receiver Cris Carter, and it looks like things are already looking up for him after an amazing rookie season for the Montreal Alouettes in the CFL. Carter hauled in 909 receiving yards and five touchdowns, but the most important note isn’t a stat, but rather a glowing recommendation from his GM. Jim Popp told the MMQB’s Peter King, “Every NFL team should be after Cris Carter’s son. [Montreal wide receiver] Duron Carter is a phenomenal athlete. He’s got every measurable. He’s fast, 6-foot-4, can be a punt returner in the NFL with his size, can run with the ball, has got tremendous body control. When he got on the field last year for us he was just phenomenal. And hopefully he stays healthy this year. He’ll be a highly, highly sought after, Cam Wake kind of guy. This is Duron’s second year, and another year is going to be great for him. But this guy can go in and be a one or two guy [first or second receiver]. He is phenomenal. He can’t finish in the CFL season and then go to NFL in 2014, but teams could sign him to a futures deal for 2015.’’ As Wake has famously shown us and New England Patriots defensive tackle Armond Armstead could second, top CFL talent shouldn’t be glossed over. Carter has the physical tools to succeed in the NFL, and we knew that in college. The main issues are his ability to learn the game and keep his head straight, and he deserves a fair shake if he can prove both. At 6’5?, Carter undoubtedly has the size, speed, and pedigree to make a splash in the NFL, and we’ll see if his GM’s incredible words of praise will end up in a futures contract for 2015 from a team willing to take a minor risk on a potential splash WR. From the way outside it seems like he’s grown up, and I would be surprised if someone doesn’t give him a chance to prove it.link

• Anonymous

Inactive

wow, he looks a lot like his dad

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sure, why not?  What’s the worst case scenario… we cut him?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he does.

• brycen54

Participant

“He’s fast, 6-foot-4, can be a punt returner in the NFL with his size”???

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would he was solid at Ohio state when on the field. Hopefully his troubled past is behind him.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He grew an inch from the beginning to the end of the article.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lolz

• Anonymous

Inactive

His Dad was a knucklehead in Philly. Buddy Ryan cut him, ended up in Minny and made the Hall of Fame. Just saying

• Anonymous

Inactive

His Dad was a knucklehead in Philly. Buddy Ryan cut him, ended up in Minny and made the Hall of Fame. Just saying

No rings.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bet he’s got strong ass hands

• Anonymous

Inactive

No rings.

Nobody would pass on Cris Carter in his prime.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dynamite point.  Just think how tall he'll be by 2015.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He looks more like his Uncle Butch, but yeah…first thing I thought when I saw his pic was Cris Carter’s son. Fo sho. I'd give this kid a shot. He reminds me of Manziel a little. He was born silver spoon in mouth, they both have maturity issues, and both have a lot of talent. He has Carter bloodlines?  Hell yeah you give the kid a shot!Even Cris turned his act around. So if he is like his pops, he will come around as well (I suspect).

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, you give him a shot.He is a basketcase, but for the nothing amount he will cost, do it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would guess the Panthers would be very interested.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.