Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 29 reply threads

• Author

• Roy

Participant

Gerald McCoy says he would love to come back to Tampa. If hypothetically they weren’t able to get something done with Suh, would you welcome him back?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

No.

Soft as charmin.

Thats the best part of both our lines. They are bullies out there.

McCoy is the opposite.

Pass.

• Natural Selection

Participant

At or near vet minimum? Absolutely, but only under that condition.

With or without Suh. Hopefully with, because Suh has been excellent value for us imo. I wouldn’t expect Gerald to have that impact, or be reliably available. We’ve got other backups like Nacho and McLendon also not signed. We need cheap depth. I’ll take a long look at anyone willing to play on the cheap.

• BucsSavant

Participant

No. McCoy is, simply put, a loser. Soft, weak, and a reminder of bad times. It’s best he stays gone. He and his era will be looked back upon with nothing but disdain.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

FRUCK NO, I like the defense the way it is. NO SOFTIES!

• seekpar

Participant

Negatory.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Soft.

Pass…

Culture is finally fixed

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

McCoy is a cream puff. He was the epitome of this team underachieving all this time. Once we got rid of him and Smitty, the defense got better

• leeroybuc93

Participant

I would prefer not to but for the sake of argument, let’s say it happens. He’d have to take a back seat, and I mean like way back in the cab of the truck, to the newer guys. This D belongs to White, JPP, Davis, etc and McCoy would have to get on board with that. He wouldn’t be counted on as a leader anymore. Do your job, give advice about hand usage or whatever, but you’re not a captain. You don’t even get pregame hype speeches. This team isn’t the one you left.

• buc_boi

Participant

See, I wish I could +1 this post.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

You’ll never be able to again.

Sorry not sorry.

• buc_boi

Participant

You talk like your opinion is valuable, how cute.

Come on ignore feature, spare me these idiot bandwagon fuckboys.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Opinion? Facts, young’n

Lol @ bandwagon.

$20 says I’ve been a bucs fan longer than you.

• buc_boi

Participant

Lol @ bandwagon.

$20 says I’ve been a bucs fan longer than you.

Coming here to complain, like the useful idiot you are, for 4 years down in the cove hardly equates to being a fan.

Surprised that has to be explained to you.

• Roy

Participant

My only concern would be if he’s too injury prone at this age. Even if he’s a backup, when you sign certain guys you don’t sign another guy. If he’s injured that’s a hole that will need to be filled with some guy off a practice squad.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Got away from the soft culture he was part of no thanks.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

McCoy can play fine in a rotational role. That is what he excels at IMO.

Build the trenches!

• BucsFan83

Participant

As rotational / Low salary sure. Otherwise, we are just fine imo. He should had never left.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by BucsFan83.

• kenntak

Participant

I appreciate that he wants to come back, but I am sure that is mostly because he would have a chance for a ring. I’m not sure he could add enough to make it worth it, and was part of the old culture that we would all like to forget, lol.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Hard pass for me. He was the most overrated Buc of all time. I feel he is partially responsible for how underrated LVD’s career has been. Lavontae has always been the better player but because he didn’t dress up like Batman or drive an ice cream truck to practice, the media didn’t pay him any attention.

We improved the minute Gerald left.

• Kentucky

Participant

I love GMAC. He bleeds the Bucs. I am forever grateful for his time. With that said, his mindset does not fit our team’s current mindset. Not enough dog in him.

• buccnation

Participant

If it’s for the right price then definitely. He gets far too much hate from Buc fans.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Vet min and depth maybe I’d bring him back. I feel like there are better options out there tho and feel like it would be done just to bring back a guy for the sake of bringing him back. I mean let’s just bring suh back?

• Bucman

Participant

For cheap sure. He can add some much needed depth to the DL. But he cant have #93 back.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Sure if the price is right and he knows his role is only for depth. Think he got a harsh dose of reality when he left.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Some here will still tell you mccoy>suh. Too funny.

• buccnation

Participant

Suh was the better player overall but let’s not act like McCoy was not a very good player in his own right. Give both their props.

And at this stage in their careers, their both rotational dlineman.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by buccnation.

• Ramonb

Participant

McCoy had a bigger, and more costly impact, in out locker room than on the field…just IMHO.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Hard pass.

Not a good locker room fit.

• Vance

Participant

I would take it back as a rotation player for the league minimum. If healthy he might be a upgrade to Noches. I think Suh would put him in check with the clownish things that he does. McCoy may develop a mean streak playing along side Suh, Vea and Paul. Nevertheless, I say keep him off the team because of the way he acted when he left the team.

• JC5100

Participant

Is this a serious thread? Defense did a complete 180 without his bullshit.

• Diehart fisherman

Participant

I don’t think I would.

• buc-in-out

Participant

For veteran minimum maybe? Even then, he doesn’t fit this scheme. Bowles asks the DL to play multiple gaps, McCoy doesn’t have the strength to play in this defense. He’s a quick 3-tech with good burst in his prime, there’s a reason Bowles decided to sign Suh instead of retain McCoy.

I much prefer Suh’s mean streak.

• Swash

Participant

Absolutely not, not even at vet minimum. He’s an ok person but not what you want in a locker room of DAWGS. This is White and David’s defense now. I like winning.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nothing against McCoy, but as SR stated, there’s a certain amount of drama that he brings and that may not be a good fit with the new winning attitude this organization has. Maybe after the dust settles, but it should be a buyers market for the Bucs.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.