Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• shall555

Participant

I would trade our #1 overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick #21 and 2 extra first rounders, and trade for Jay Cutler for the Bears #1 (7th overall). That would give us four 1st rounders for the price of Mariota, and we still get a Top 10 pick to draft OL/DL or Jameis Winston, if he drops. No one thought Manziel would drop to #22. Anything is possible on Draft Day. Would you do it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As tempting as trading down with the Eagles or Browns is and acquiring future 1st round picks, I don’t want to.  We need a franchise QB and this is the first time in forever we are in the situation to draft one.  I dont want to tempt fate and drop down into the 20s and hope a QB is there….that is how you usually wind up with a Josh Freeman or a Christian Ponder

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For one…. NO.And two.. the bears aren't giving away a top 10 pick to get rid of Jay Cutler.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll take my chances with the Duck/Seminole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In a heartbeat. Sounds  completely unbelievable though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could arrange before the draft to take Cutler and the Bears #1 pick (7th overall), then yes. I’d trade out of the 1st pick for 3 1st round picks of the Eagles. I’d then try and package the Bears 1st round pick and the Eagle’s 1st round pick and trade back up to the 2nd pick and get Winston.The only thing with this is that the trade would almost have to be agreed upon before the draft because you can't trade out of that slot and not come away with a QB and Cutler isn't the QB of the future for us. We'd get him and eat his salary and in a couple years, we need to have a young QB ready to go.You'd basically have to tentatively agree to the trade with the Eagles and the Bears...then negotiate with the Titans and if all agree...then make the trades. This way you come away with your QB of the future and 2 extra first round picks in the following 2 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What the hell are all the people starting threads drinking tonight?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Everclear 190 most likely.

Please wait…

• chelsea1455

Participant

Sounds too good to be true

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol this gave me a good chuckle

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I need to catch up, apparently.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the night is still young.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As tempting as trading down with the Eagles or Browns is and acquiring future 1st round picks, I don't want to.  We need a franchise QB and this is the first time in forever we are in the situation to draft one.  I dont want to tempt fate and drop down into the 20s and hope a QB is there....that is how you usually wind up with a Josh Freeman or a Christian Ponder

What this guy said.There is no reason to believe any other qb in this draft is as good as mariota or Winston. Cutler is almost a step down from mccown in the bears qb rinse cycle, and there is no possible way on God's green earth mccown will be allowed to start again (hopefully).We can try the Glennon experiment again, but we still need a solid backup plan.Getting a qb now, almost transends what lovie is, was, whatever he might be. He can have several firsts, and idk if it would matter without a capable qb to lead them. Same goes for the next coach. There has to be some eggs in the basket, so to speak. Without one, it's surely asking for mediocrity by any hc that is here.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

If you go by the trade value chart, the Eagles would owe us over 2200 points to get our #1 pick for their #21 pick.So in other words, that equates to their entire 2015 draft and their entire 2016 draft. Assuming no players are involved. So its hard to imagine Lurie signing off on that deal. Although I think Mariota would be great in that system.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

the night is still young.

If only I wasn't working.  :(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would trade our #1 overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for pick #21 and 2 extra first rounders, and trade for Jay Cutler for the Bears #1 (7th overall). That would give us four 1st rounders for the price of Mariota, and we still get a Top 10 pick to draft OL/DL or Jameis Winston, if he drops. No one thought Manziel would drop to #22. Anything is possible on Draft Day. Would you do it?

good Lord.....where do people come up with this stuff?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could arrange before the draft to take Cutler and the Bears #1 pick (7th overall), then yes. I'd trade out of the 1st pick for 3 1st round picks of the Eagles. I'd then try and package the Bears 1st round pick and the Eagle's 1st round pick and trade back up to the 2nd pick and get Winston.The only thing with this is that the trade would almost have to be agreed upon before the draft because you can't trade out of that slot and not come away with a QB and Cutler isn't the QB of the future for us. We'd get him and eat his salary and in a couple years, we need to have a young QB ready to go.You'd basically have to tentatively agree to the trade with the Eagles and the Bears...then negotiate with the Titans and if all agree...then make the trades. This way you come away with your QB of the future and 2 extra first round picks in the following 2 years.

Nice work. Worth exploring!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you go by the trade value chart, the Eagles would owe us over 2200 points to get our #1 pick for their #21 pick.So in other words, that equates to their entire 2015 draft and their entire 2016 draft. Assuming no players are involved. So its hard to imagine Lurie signing off on that deal. Although I think Mariota would be great in that system.

Would never happen but if the Eagles and Chip Kelly felt that Mariota was worth that, I'm running to the podium to draft him myself.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Would never happen but if the Eagles and Chip Kelly felt that Mariota was worth that, I'm running to the podium to draft him myself.

And I should of added, that is assuming the Eagles draft #21 next May. And #21 the following May. If they were better, then the price would be even higher.  All of their 2015 draft, all of their 2016 draft, and a few picks from their 2017 draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No. What i would do is tell Chip Kelly to go f*ck himself.#wegotthis

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

No. What i would do is tell Chip Kelly to go f*ck himself.#wegotthis

Chip is smarter than that, and so is Lurie. It would never happen. Now maybe, they could go after Mariota after his rookie deal is up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

someone clearly spiked the egg nog

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you don’t think that one of these QBs is a franchise guy, then yes. However, if you d feel that one of them is “that guy”, you take him. Otherwise, why are we stockpiling picks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seriously! I drink gin regularly, and I'm like why? We've been through so much f*cking losing and bad HC's since Gruden. We're finally in a position to draft a QB that we need BADLY, that's arguably better than the 2014 class in Mariota and Winston, why the hell would we risk it for a guy who might be good at the PHI pick? Don't get me wrong if a team gives you a ransom for the pick it's worth exploring, but my gut feeling tells me teams aren't doing that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about we draft Mariota, and then send 3 first rounders to Philly for Chip Kelly…….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we could arrange before the draft to take Cutler and the Bears #1 pick (7th overall), then yes. I'd trade out of the 1st pick for 3 1st round picks of the Eagles. I'd then try and package the Bears 1st round pick and the Eagle's 1st round pick and trade back up to the 2nd pick and get Winston.The only thing with this is that the trade would almost have to be agreed upon before the draft because you can't trade out of that slot and not come away with a QB and Cutler isn't the QB of the future for us. We'd get him and eat his salary and in a couple years, we need to have a young QB ready to go.You'd basically have to tentatively agree to the trade with the Eagles and the Bears...then negotiate with the Titans and if all agree...then make the trades. This way you come away with your QB of the future and 2 extra first round picks in the following 2 years.

You want Jay Cutler on that contract over Marcus Mariota? Why?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You want Jay Cutler on that contract over Marcus Mariota? Why?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many people thought Manziel would indeed drop out of the first round. Thankfully for him the Browns are who we thought they were, lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many people thought Manziel would indeed drop out of the first round. Thankfully for him the Browns are who we thought they were, lol.

..and Boid Fink thought we should trade up to #2 overall to get him . LOLz

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.