Viewing 30 reply threads

• Author

• MPOG

Participant

There are rumors that he might be released before the season starts. He obviously comes with a very large amount of baggage, but there will be teams that line up for his services. I would be scared to give him any guaranteed money, but I think it would be dumb not to take a look at a guy who has 42 sacks in 43 games. He will need some off the field help, because he clearly has a problem, but I would think Lovie is a quite a bit more nurturing to his players than Harbaugh is. And before someone says that they just got rid of Mike Williams, Lovie did put up with Tank Johnson for a little while in Chicago. I think it all just has to do with how valuable the player is or would be, and Smiths production has been vastly greater than anything Mike Williams has ever done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

New England rental.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep…  Trade them Rainey or James.Get that guy's mind right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d sign him in a heartbeat.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

maybe….after a Psych eval…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep….Get that guy's mind right.

how do you fix stupid?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep....Get that guy's mind right.

how do you fix stupid?

Fly him private

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

If it is a not too high paying low risk contract I would be all for it, Aldon is a beast on the field. If he hits FA some dumb GM will give him a contract more than I would be willing to fork over.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t he guaranteed $9 mil next year If the 5th year option is exercised? Otherwise it would be a one year rental. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how do you fix stupid?

The nine million dollar question...He is a smart guy...  With what appears to be an alcohol issue. 

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Isn't he guaranteed $9 mil next year If the 5th year option is exercised? Otherwise it would be a one year rental.

Yupp that's probably true, I miss understood the situation. Though if the option was exercised he hit FA this summer, but it's not till next year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t trade for him. If we sign him, cool, but we can’t tie up any money into this bone head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d feel more comfortable now with Lovie. If he was on our squad it would be implied that Smith feels he can be mentored/managed.That said, alcoholism is no joke. If he's really having as hard a time kicking it as it seems, I don't know if his futures that bright. Damn shame with his talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d definitely be into it if we were more established as a team.  At this point, with Lovie being in his first year here, I think it is too big of a risk to bring in a player with these question marks while also trying to establish the new culture.  If we were 2 or 3 years into the Lovie era, and everything was rolling, then you can take more chances with guys like this, but got to establish the baseline first.  Would love the talent, but can’t afford the headache.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This kid’s mind is not right.  Until it is fully focused on football and his future I want nothing to do with him or my team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does he not remind anyone else of the Simeon Rice situation, even a little bit?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ummmmmm, let me think about it………….yes! But it will never happen here at the boy scouts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He will be suspended this year after serving a suspension last year.  No Sir!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love the talent, but if he ends up on the no fly list we’d have to send him to the games on a Greyhound bus!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no!!He is a Royal Idiot ..... yes in capitals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah.  Totally.  He’s a #cmg style knucklehead imo.  I will take nonviolent idiots all day everyday if they can ball.  Aldon Smith can most definitely ball. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I want Aldon but I dont want the extra baggage that comes with.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The extra baggage is the only reason we might potentially have a chance at him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does he not remind anyone else of the Simeon Rice situation, even a little bit?

Good Call......Id trade strait up Goldson for Smith, you can have Dashon back.  And we will pay both salaries for this year.Trade confirmed???? Aldon is injured no details released, WE ALL KNOW  [ it's an  ingrown toenail ], IR for the year. Can he can serve his suspension while on IR?Negotiate  New 3 Year Deal......New Pass Rusher for 2015

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not likely to happen. Simeon TMK was never a head case. He could be spacey at times, but not really a knucklehead.  A side point is this situation greatly increases the likelihood that the 49ers will try to trade up to replace Smith. Could even go after Clowney...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Issues or not… We are talking about the best pure passrusher in the game. Dominance in rare form. You don’t win without taking risks and the reward is an almost surefire hall of famer. He’s already almost halfway to 100 sacks at the age of twenty fucking four.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how do you fix stupid?

Fly him private

Made me laugh...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he said something stupid, probably jokingly and the guy should be cut? Have there been any other off the field problems with him or was this just considered one big thing? I think it will blow over just like the Desean Jackson ordeal did and you end up getting one of the best defensive players in the game. He’s worth the risk I’d say and you would be dumb not to take the gamble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh crap, yeah I just looked up all of his off the field issues and run ins with the law. lol, nevermind.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he said something stupid, probably jokingly and the guy should be cut? Have there been any other off the field problems with him or was this just considered one big thing? I think it will blow over just like the Desean Jackson ordeal did and you end up getting one of the best defensive players in the game. He's worth the risk I'd say and you would be dumb not to take the gamble.Oh crap, yeah I just looked up all of his off the field issues and run ins with the law. lol, nevermind.

Ya, there is tons of stuff.  He is obviously a very troubled man, and needs help bad. I think it was Ronnie Lott, who said the other day, lets get this young man some help. He doesn't need to be in jail, or suspended from the league, he needs to be in a psychiatric program asap.There is a lot more to the DeSean stuff too. Lately, his people have tried to make him out as a great guy that just needed a change of scenery. And they have done a good job of it too.  The truth is, he is still the same guy, and probably always will be, despite his people polishing up his image every time his contract is up. While his team mates were working out last week, he was vacationing on an island somewhere, tweeting his bro's pics.  He is not good with money either, after all the money he has made in the NFL so far, he was flat as broke awhile back. And he had to get a loan from his agent to the the tune of $600K IIRC.  Which BTW, has never been paid back, as of yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he said something stupid, probably jokingly and the guy should be cut? Have there been any other off the field problems with him or was this just considered one big thing? I think it will blow over just like the Desean Jackson ordeal did and you end up getting one of the best defensive players in the game. He's worth the risk I'd say and you would be dumb not to take the gamble.Oh crap, yeah I just looked up all of his off the field issues and run ins with the law. lol, nevermind.

Ya, there is tons of stuff.  He is obviously a very troubled man, and needs help bad. I think it was Ronnie Lott, who said the other day, lets get this young man some help. He doesn't need to be in jail, or suspended from the league, he needs to be in a psychiatric program asap.There is a lot more to the DeSean stuff too. Lately, his people have tried to make him out as a great guy that just needed a change of scenery. And they have done a good job of it too.  The truth is, he is still the same guy, and probably always will be, despite his people polishing up his image every time his contract is up. While his team mates were working out last week, he was vacationing on an island somewhere, tweeting his bro's pics.  He is not good with money either, after all the money he has made in the NFL so far, he was flat as broke awhile back. And he had to get a loan from his agent to the the tune of $600K IIRC.  Which BTW, has never been paid back, as of yet.

I'd support every man, woman and child having a therapist or two. It'd just be healthier. Jail only makes us into craftier criminals.

Please wait…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.