Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Buccaneers biggest obstacle will be the NFC South By Sander Philipse?@Sanderrp Jul 11 2014, 11:55pmob_zps642f5a1e.pngBrian BlancoThe Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a good team, believe it or not, but their defense may not allow them to do much with their talented players. Another day, another meaningless ranking. This time, Pro Football Talk came to the Bucs in their countdown from number 32 to number 1, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers came in at number 26. Yeah, yeah, number 26 is low. Disrespect. Much improved. Blah blah blah. The rankings don't interest me as much as the analysis, which somehow always seems to be a lot more optimistic than said ranking would suggest. That's the case in this article too, with Gantt pointing out the improved coaching staff and the defensive talent as positives, and quarterback and offensive line as question marks. All fair and good. Nothing we haven't said before."Schiano was overmatched in the pro game, and his lack of any kind of interpersonal skills made it worse. You can only play the Bill Belichick tough-guy act if you win, and Schiano never did. Smith doesn't have an act, he's simply a good coach. That's enough to make the Bucs better in a hurry." Which is a pretty good point. Dashon Goldson recently pointed out that many players had "issues with coach Schiano", and that was far from the only time this has happened. If anything, we shouldn't see the massive amounts of drama we've seen over the past two years. That alone should help the Bucs win a few games. More than that, Lovie Smith is universally seen as a very good coach. That isn't spin. That's not fanspeak. Aside from a certain bitter Bears fans, no one will complain about his qualities as a head coach, or as a defensive coach. That's kind of a new feeling: Raheem Morris and Greg Schiano were viewed very skeptically, with reason, and Jon Gruden received increasing amounts of skepticism as his tenure continued. Not so Lovie Smith. Even when he was fired, people were shocked. He'd just finished a 10-6 season with a top-tier defense, only having been kept out of the playoffs due to an injury to Jay Cutler. There were few suggestions that he just wasn't a good coach. The biggest issue for the Buccaneers may not be anything internal, but their division. The Bucs have the worst quarterback in the division. The Carolina Panthers had one of the best defenses in the NFL last year. The Atlanta Falcons should see a healthy Julio Jones return, and reinforced both of their lines. The New Orleans Saints had both a quality offense and defense last season. This season won't be easy.link

• Anonymous

Inactive

#61 looks like the only guy here who seems to want to s-t-r-e-t-c-h…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I say let the bears have raheem and schiano as HC’s, and then tell us “lovie is a bad coach.”We would be ecstatic for a ten win season. Normally it takes us two seasons to rack up as many.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Schiano will land a HC gig at a decent size college program later on down the road.  His NFL days are over unless his BFF Belichick gives him an assistant coach job.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No act works unless you win , last I checked.

• Anonymous

Inactive

No act works unless you win , last I checked.

John McKay would disagree.

• Anonymous

Inactive

John McKay in what way ?

• Anonymous

Inactive

John McKay in what way ?

Lovable loser. One of the most beloved figures in Bucs history. Despite the losing record. So, I wouldn't say his act didn't work.

• Anonymous

Inactive

John McKay in what way ?

Lovable loser. One of the most beloved figures in Bucs history. Despite the losing record. So, I wouldn't say his act didn't work.

He did get to the NFC Championship game.  He had to start the team from scratch.  It was even tougher back then.

• Anonymous

Inactive

McKay did win . When he stopped,  the “throw McKay in the Bay ” chants started. Check your history

• Anonymous

Inactive

McKay did win . When he stopped,  the "throw McKay in the Bay " chants started. Check your history

Where?  USC?If a 44-88 record is winning, so be it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

McKay did win . When he stopped,  the "throw McKay in the Bay " chants started. Check your history

People were willing to give Mckay time because it was an expansion team . After that we had 3 winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances .Everyone was of course happy.  However this was followed up with 2 losing seasons after Culverhouse let Doug Williams go , and the "throw McKay in the Bay" chants started. So , no , his act only worked so long as he was winning also. You are obviously to young to remember any of this . I'd tell you to ask your dad, Micheal , but he's a bot he won't respond to anyone like a normal human being.

• Anonymous

Inactive

People were willing to give Mckay time because it was an expansion team . After that we had 3 winning seasons and 3 playoff appearances .Everyone was of course happy.  However this was followed up with 2 losing seasons after Culverhouse let Doug Williams go , and the "throw McKay in the Bay" chants started. So , no , his act only worked so long as he was winning also. You are obviously to young to remember any of this . I'd tell you to ask your dad, Micheal , but he's a bot he won't respond to anyone like a normal human being.

Surrender noted.And seriously dude, you need some new shtick.  Your stuff is getting old, even by offseason standards.

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL , Schtick ?? I’ve presented historical facts while you’ve been talking out your ass. Yes your surrender was indeed noted. Your "lovable loser" became despised and fired after two bad seasons in 83 and 84 , despite 3 playoff appearances with a team he had to build from literal scratch.You got nothing , like your bot pops.

• Anonymous

Inactive

John McKay in what way ?

McKay did win and part of the reason he is beloved is because he won with nothing. Truly builtt it from the ground up. But I agree with your overall point, he was quite a character. He had a 5 year plan . . . you know . . to go with his 5 year contract . . . he never makes it past his 2nd year in today's NFL

• Anonymous

Inactive

John McKay in what way ?

McKay did win and part of the reason he is beloved is because he won with nothing. Truly builtt it from the ground up. But I agree with your overall point, he was quite a character. He had a 5 year plan . . . you know . . to go with his 5 year contract . . . he never makes it past his 2nd year in today's NFL

He had the fortune of coaching the worst expansion franchise in NFL history.  The circumstances were all stacked against the expansion franchises back then and he managed to turn a minor league team into a playoff contender.  He was no loser, it was just easy to paint him that way based on an 0-26 start.  We were in the playoffs two seasons later. Leeman Bennett on the other hand.................

• Anonymous

Inactive

Many people schooling you on the history now , Anti. Learn something.

• Anonymous

Inactive

McKay wasn’t a loser. He was a product of his circumstances. When he had players, he won.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Learn that 44-88 is the record of a winner?  I swear, only on the Red Board.

• Anonymous

Inactive

His initial offensive line averaged 218lbs......

• Anonymous

Inactive

His initial offensive line averaged 218lbs......

The context on that record matters nothing to the mental midget who was raised by a Bot.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The context on that record matters nothing to the mental midget who was raised by a Bot.

Name calling?  C'mon man.So anyway, your saying the players bought into McKays system?  Despite the losing record?  I would agree with that point. But that is a little different than the post that started this discussion. Before you decided to move the goalpost.Posted by: Dolorous Jason« on: July 12, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »Insert QuoteNo act works unless you win , last I checked.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Stop confusing him with the facts. His mind is made up.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Posted by: Dolorous Jason« on: July 12, 2014, 09:46:35 PM »Insert QuoteNo act works unless you win , last I checked.

This statement is correct , genius.When McKay was making the playoffs everyone loved him . When he stopped in 83-84  everyone wanted to "throw McKay in the Bay " and he got fired. Hence his act only worked when they were winning also .What part of this doesn't your little mind comprehend ?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.