Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Stinky

Participant

…should go apply for the Bucs HC and/or GM position. Since you guys are so smart and know everything about the game, after a shitty preseason (which we went 2-2 so wins are capable lol) and one game in the reg. season you guys are ready to call Winston a bust and callin for Lovies head. While that game was attrocious and unacceptable, last year was a disaster. But the coaches and players seem to realize that, and Im willing to give them another season to see something if anything. Mariota outplayed Winston by a looong shot, but Josh McCown looked good against our defense...so theres that. I didnt catch the Miami game, but the defense AND offense looked GREAT (compared to yesterday) against the Bengals. Our coaches were outsmarted, thats bound to happen. Whisenhunt is no slouch, considering he worked with Big Ben and Lebeau out in Pittsburgh. The Packers started off last year 1-3 if i recall correctly, with Aaron Rodgers at the helm. So im gonna go back and use what he said: R-E-L-A-X

Please wait…

• vlagatta

...should go apply for the Bucs HC and/or GM position. Since you guys are so smart and know everything about the game, after a (censored)ty preseason (which we went 2-2 so wins are capable lol) and one game in the reg. season you guys are ready to call Winston a bust and callin for Lovies head. While that game was attrocious and unacceptable, last year was a disaster. But the coaches and players seem to realize that, and Im willing to give them another season to see something if anything. Mariota outplayed Winston by a looong shot, but Josh McCown looked good against our defense...so theres that. I didnt catch the Miami game, but the defense AND offense looked GREAT (compared to yesterday) against the Bengals. Our coaches were outsmarted, thats bound to happen. Whisenhunt is no slouch, considering he worked with Big Ben and Lebeau out in Pittsburgh. The Packers started off last year 1-3 if i recall correctly, with Aaron Rodgers at the helm. So im gonna go back and use what he said: R-E-L-A-X

historically......one can point to thousands of posts on this board........that over time.......played out to be exactly like someone called it.  for you to think the coaches and players are always right...........especially on THIS team....who in the last 15 years......have seen a cavalcade of coaches and GMs go through the doors at OBP............makes you the idiot...not us.  thinking the issue is related to Winston only......makes you sound even more dim witted. the entire team folded.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So last year was a disaster, first real game this year was a disaster.. So what have they shown next week wont be the same

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lets see how relaxed you are when the Saints move the ball at will against us next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

...should go apply for the Bucs HC and/or GM position. Since you guys are so smart and know everything about the game, after a (censored)ty preseason (which we went 2-2 so wins are capable lol) and one game in the reg. season you guys are ready to call Winston a bust and callin for Lovies head. While that game was attrocious and unacceptable, last year was a disaster. But the coaches and players seem to realize that, and Im willing to give them another season to see something if anything. Mariota outplayed Winston by a looong shot, but Josh McCown looked good against our defense...so theres that. I didnt catch the Miami game, but the defense AND offense looked GREAT (compared to yesterday) against the Bengals. Our coaches were outsmarted, thats bound to happen. Whisenhunt is no slouch, considering he worked with Big Ben and Lebeau out in Pittsburgh. The Packers started off last year 1-3 if i recall correctly, with Aaron Rodgers at the helm. So im gonna go back and use what he said: R-E-L-A-X

Did we trade for Rodgers?No?  Crap.Oh?  Jaboo?  F--k

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If only I was running ish.. the cannons would have been firing pineapple slices yesterday. Early and often.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

historically......one can point to thousands of posts on this board........that over time.......played out to be exactly like someone called it.  for you to think the coaches and players are always right...........especially on THIS team....who in the last 15 years......have seen a cavalcade of coaches and GMs go through the doors at OBP............makes you the idiot...not us.  thinking the issue is related to Winston only......makes you sound even more dim witted. the entire team folded.

First, i didnt call anyone an idiot so you can cease name calling. I said you guys were so smart, sure someone can be right...my point is why arent you applying for the position? Also if you noticed, i did call out the coaches and defense, not just Winston. The team was absolute trash. Feel better now that its more clear for you? Im just not willing to call the season after one game, when we shown we can win...granted it was preseason, but Im sure many of you wanted to see the performance they put up against the Bengals, put up against the Titans. With that point, they showed they CAN compete. We gave Schiano 3 years, lets atleast give Lovie two before we post billboards and newspaper clippings calling for his head. Rome wasnt built in a day and franchuses dont form over night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

First, i didnt call anyone an idiot so you can cease name calling. I said you guys were so smart, sure someone can be right...my point is why arent you applying for the position? Also if you noticed, i did call out the coaches and defense, not just Winston. The team was absolute trash. Feel better now that its more clear for you? Im just not willing to call the season after one game, when we shown we can win...granted it was preseason, but Im sure many of you wanted to see the performance they put up against the Bengals, put up against the Titans. With that point, they showed they CAN compete. We gave Schiano 3 years, lets atleast give Lovie two before we post billboards and newspaper clippings calling for his head. Rome wasnt built in a day and franchuses dont form over night.

Rome wasn't built in a day, but it sure burned down quickly!Just kidding...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quote of the Day:"Rome wasn't built in a day, but it sure burned down quickly!"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

stopped reading when you called preseason wins

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

stopped reading when you called preseason wins

Its measly, but my point was we could win with what we have out there. It needs to be reevaluated, cos the line that played against the Bengals, wasnt who showed up yesterday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We gave Schiano 3 years,

We did?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Schiano got 2 years.PEOPLE, the Bengals never got off the airplane.  That game was a facade.  A mirage.An anomaly.  Holy crap.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Schiano got 2 years.PEOPLE, the Bengals never got off the airplane.  That game was a facade.  A mirage.An anomaly.  Holy crap.

HA!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2-15 and countingYes, things can be turned around quickly teams do it every year. Look at the first year rookie head coaches compared to our seasoned veteran staff. Those coaches install new systems and get results and field competitive teams. The Bucs look just like last year. Not saying fire anyone now, but if nothing changes they'd be stupid to not make any changes

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

HA!

Typo on the Schiano thing, im on my phone so I apologize. However, i seen their starters vs our starters. Looked like the Bengals got off the plane, jet lag maybe? The anomaly is how they played so poorly. But its not like theyre great, its just too much talent, to me, to be this bad. I guess im just willing to wait and see how next week plays out, not like some people already giving in their fancard after Sunday. I guess some expect too much? If i dont see improvement by say week 9 or 10, then ill get worried, mad, or even exhilarated if they do improve and start winning some games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HA!

Typo on the Schiano thing, im on my phone so I apologize. However, i seen their starters vs our starters. Looked like the Bengals got off the plane, jet lag maybe? The anomaly is how they played so poorly. But its not like theyre great, its just too much talent, to me, to be this bad. I guess im just willing to wait and see how next week plays out, not like some people already giving in their fancard after Sunday. I guess some expect too much? If i dont see improvement by say week 9 or 10, then ill get worried, mad, or even exhilarated if they do improve and start winning some games.

My point is if you are clinging to the Bengals game like Rose hanging on to that door after the titanic sunk...you are in for a long season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HA!

We have a few players, its on the coaching IMO.

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

HA!

My point is if you are clinging to the Bengals game like Rose hanging on to that door after the titanic sunk...you are in for a long season.

I guess im just referring to that game cos they looked solid in almost every facet of the game. Even the coaching was decent, id take that any day over what we saw Sunday. Hopefully were not in for a long season and these guys get things turned around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authorityYou said that because an authority thinks something, it must therefore be true.

It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence. However it is, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.Example: Not able to defend his position that evolution 'isn't true' Bob says that he knows a scientist who also questions evolution (and presumably isn't a primate).

Please wait…

• rrosemarie8

Participant

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authorityYou said that because an authority thinks something, it must therefore be true.

It's important to note that this fallacy should not be used to dismiss the claims of experts, or scientific consensus. Appeals to authority are not valid arguments, but nor is it reasonable to disregard the claims of experts who have a demonstrated depth of knowledge unless one has a similar level of understanding and/or access to empirical evidence. However it is, entirely possible that the opinion of a person or institution of authority is wrong; therefore the authority that such a person or institution holds does not have any intrinsic bearing upon whether their claims are true or not.Example: Not able to defend his position that evolution 'isn't true' Bob says that he knows a scientist who also questions evolution (and presumably isn't a primate).

Thats well thought out and everything but......thats a helluva reach bud.

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.