Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why not start Sims and give him 20 touches per game down the stretch?Because it risks looking even more obvious, if that's possible, that OG was the position to draft in round 3?  And that's not a dig on Sims at all.  Just saying the owners messed up big time for giving Lovie total control.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great article, Scott.  Agree.  I’d also just go ahead and bench MJ.  He’s been awful and that should determine if he plays or doesn’t. 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good stuff Scott and I concur. Play our youth and find out what they have. DEFINITELY shut down McCoy and David. And either draft that QB, probably Mariota, or make the RGIII type trade if available.My oft repeated worries are the same. We still have and will have St. Lovie in charge. I don’t have any confidence that’s good for our offense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The serious moves to make are:1) Even time share between Rainey and Sims.2) Start Pamphile at LT (or at RT and move Dotson to LT).3) Move Collins to G.4) Bench Johnson.5) As stated, IR McCoy and David.To me these moves not only make sense, but give the Bucs a chance to evaluate some positions.  This is important for the franchise and is not primarily about tanking (which I'm all for) but evaluation and the future.The move I think is essential is Collins. He is not the answer at LT.  But he could be a good guard (which he has been).  If this works, it is a major upgrade as it means G is much less of a need.  Now you have Mankins or Omameh at the other position and the Bucs are in much less need.  Hell, you could trade Mankins for a late round pick potentially.

• Anonymous

Inactive

or make the RGIII type trade if available.

I don't know if you mean trade for RGIII or give up the farm like Washington did to move up. Either way......NO!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know if you mean trade for RGIII or give up the farm like Washington did to move up. Either way......NO!!!!!!!!!

I'd happily be on the STL side of an RG3 trade.  Barring an "Andrew Luck", it's a no brainer to me.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd happily be on the STL side of an RG3 trade.  Barring an "Andrew Luck", it's a no brainer to me.

It's highly doubtful you'll ever see a trade like that again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd happily be on the STL side of an RG3 trade.

In case you haven't noticed, St Louis is still looking for a QB. Screw that!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd happily be on the STL side of an RG3 trade.

In case you haven't noticed, St Louis is still looking for a QB. Screw that!!

That's because of the old-draft contract they gave Bradford.  They couldn't afford to part with him until next year.  They had the no. 2 pick AGAIN this year and still didn't take a QB.  That's philosophy, not something wrong with the trade.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And again, it’s highly unlikely you’ll ever see a trade like that again.

• Anonymous

Inactive

And again, it's highly unlikely you'll ever see a trade like that again.

Eh. I don't know about that - the only trades that are untouchable are Herschel Walker or the Ricky Williams trade. Those will not happen again. This one? Right player comes up it could happen. The trade looks worse now because the Rams a) used the picks to accumulate more picks, and hit on a lot of them; b) RGIII has collapsed; c) Redskins' first in 2014 was the second overall.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eh. I don't know about that - the only trades that are untouchable are Herschel Walker or the Ricky Williams trade. Those will not happen again. This one? Right player comes up it could happen. The trade looks worse now because the Rams a) used the picks to accumulate more picks, and hit on a lot of them; b) RGIII has collapsed; c) Redskins' first in 2014 was the second overall.

Nobody is going to trade 3 first round picks in order to move up for Winston/Mariota.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nobody is going to trade 3 first round picks in order to move up for Winston/Mariota.

No one predicted RG3 as the no. 2 overall pick this time last year.  There's tons of time for the hype train to get moving.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't say they would. Would they for the next Luck?

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s so wonderful about RGIII?  He had a good rookie season.  He hasn’t come back from his injuries yet and maybe he can’t get any better?  I might be willing to trade a third rounder this year and a fourth rounder next year.  I don’t see the value here.  Right now he is an up and down QB.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will screw it up and end the season at 5-11 and will draft a defensive end. Just wait and see. This team doesn’t get anything right. Then Lovie will fill the airwaves with it just took a little longer then expected but we are headed in the right direction.

• Anonymous

Inactive

They will screw it up and end the season at 5-11 and will draft a defensive end. Just wait and see. This team doesn't get anything right. Then Lovie will fill the airwaves with it just took a little longer then expected but we are headed in the right direction.

Cam Newton's injury is the beginnig of it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Panthers beat us last time with their backup and obviously their running game is pretty solid.  I think they beat us in a slugfest.  More worried about the Saint meltdown giving us a meaningless win at this point.

• Anonymous

Inactive

funny to read that so many posters have changed their stance on rooting for suckage….if we win this game, i’m gonna be livid!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

funny to read that so many posters have changed their stance on rooting for suckage....if we win this game, i'm gonna be livid!!

This is an awful position to be in as a fan but I have to agree with you. Now with Cam injured, St. Lovie can get a win and claim some kind of "success" while losing a chance for that extremely valuable first pick. Remember NO team can trade over it and the Bucs will have all the choices available. But a meaningless with against the Panther could ruin it.And it would just be the way this nightmare has been going.

• Anonymous

Inactive

funny to read that so many posters have changed their stance on rooting for suckage....if we win this game, i'm gonna be livid!!

This is an awful position to be in as a fan but I have to agree with you. Now with Cam injured, St. Lovie can get a win and claim some kind of "success" while losing a chance for that extremely valuable first pick. Remember NO team can trade over it and the Bucs will have all the choices available. But a meaningless with against the Panther could ruin it.And it would just be the way this nightmare has been going.

I was resigned to our fate months ago.....we CAN'T screw this up now, not when we're so close. Then again, this IS a Bucs life!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fate for the next decade could ride on losing out vs. getting a win that only Lovie wants. We may not have this chance again for 15 years. Only losing and then getting the ultimate prize can make this year, the last six worthwhile. 2-11, 6-23, 7-28.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our fate for the next decade could ride on losing out vs. getting a win that only Lovie wants. We may not have this chance again for 15 years. Only losing and then getting the ultimate prize can make this year, the last six worthwhile. 2-11, 6-23, 7-28.

And yet we all fear St. Lovie WILL get what he wants and further royally screw this team and it's fans. It's THAT bad folks, paying good money to root for my favorite team to LOSE. Our HC, a man who NEVER should have been hired, trying to louse it up probably hoping to avoid drafting a QB when he has his hand picked man, McCown for another year. pfft.

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re going to beat the Panthers.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.