Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

I’ve heard this phrase over and over through the years, “You know who you are after 3 games.” Well, here we are after three games, so who are we?Offense: I see a vertical offense that is set up by establishing the run and using play action to move the ball downfield.Defense: I see a one-gap, zone defense that goes after the QB with the front four and strives to keep plays in front of it.Special Teams: I see a solid return guy, an above-average punter and a kicker with a huge leg who has accuracy issues.What do you see?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see an offense that gets in its own way.A defense that is lost.Special teams that seems to be improving (aside from last game).A team, that when I watch them, just looks different then every other team on game days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sloppy x3…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They’ve got an offense that can’t move the ball consistently because their QB is prone to wild fits of inaccuracy and their offensive line can’t open holes in the running game. They've got a defense that doesn't pressure the passer well, doesn't stop the run well, and doesn't cover in the secondary well.They've got a special teams unit that can't convert FGs and extra points.So yeah...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right now, we’re a team that wins one game for every 2 losses.  That is a 5-11 team or a 6-10 team.  Sounds about right?If we clean up dropped passes, pay off the refs before hand so they stop calling drive killing penalties on every. single. good. play. we have., and continue to get better in the scheme and cause turnovers, we'll improve by 2-3 games and we'll be playoff contenders.  We're not far off, but we're not there yet.  This team is a playoff team 2 years from now.  Until then... just ride the wave and just don't set yourself up with any expectations.  I did that week 1, with all the hype etc, and had a full blown implosion.  Past couple weeks have been more fun sinceI mean, lets be real and look at our pieces... we drafted our franchise QB #1 overall on offense.  He's got a sophmore first round WR and a sophmore 2nd round TE to develop with... 2 rookies on the O-line ... and a middling RB committeeOn D we have 2 beasts at DT and ROLB... 2 future beasts in J Smith and Kwon... and the rest is mediocre...By all means, this team needs 2 years.  And believe me, I'm sick of saying that... but we've blown it up every 2-3 years for the past decade, can we just stick with the slow and steady pace for a little while??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have never heard that before. What happened to splitting the year into 4 quarters? Anyway, I liked the sloppy take. Brevity at its finest.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have never heard that before. What happened to splitting the year into 4 quarters? Anyway, I liked the sloppy take. Brevity at its finest.

If you're 0-3, you know who you are...  I prefer 4 games, tho'...  more defined.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you're 0-3, you know who you are...  I prefer 4 games, tho'...  more defined.

I hear it a lot from Gannon and Brandt on NFL Radio on Sirius. The quarters thing is something I've heard from coaches before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A young team that is going to be inconsistent, flashing moments of brilliance, while also having moments that will have us just shaking our heads. Just as I expected coming into the season.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

We’re an un prepared, undisciplined, out hustled, out game planned, mismanaged team with a bunch of mental midgets on it that gets penalized for every mistake it makes.Why we're all still here rooting for this team might just be the definition of insanity. I think it definitely qualifies as FANatical.Not sure what that's worth, but that's what it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We're an un prepared, undisciplined, out hustled, out game planned, mismanaged team with a bunch of mental midgets on it that gets penalized for every mistake it makes.Why we're all still here rooting for this team might just be the definition of insanity. I think it definitely qualifies as FANatical.Not sure what that's worth, but that's what it is.

Responses like this are the exact reason I made this thread. Excellent job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

MarshallBut offensively a team that's going to play with fire basically all season and we'll see mixed results. It's actually kind of fun how often Jameis goes down field.Defensively, we're soft for the most part and on occasion we'll get a sack from Smith or McCoy to provide the illusion that we have playmakers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roller coaster… expect nothing more or less this season.Struggling to put it all together in three fronts - all season.That's who we are - to think differently is unrealistic.Take this season for what it is based on our growing talent base. I'm enjoying the season, for what it is worth. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Roller coaster... expect nothing more or less this season.Struggling to put it all together in three fronts - all season.That's who we are - to think differently is unrealistic.Take this season for what it is based on our growing talent base. I'm enjoying the season, for what it is worth.

Agreed. This is a six-win team and I'm okay with that, as long as they fight hard the whole time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I am a honest guy. I don’t have a clue who this team is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In short, it is a team without difference makers. The long story is that it is a team with lots of rookies and second year players in key positions that have shown promise, but are prone to rookie mistakes and inconsistencies. It is also a team with veteran “stars” who dont make meaningful plays, and in which the other vets aren’t doing enough to offset their own mistakes and the rookies’ learning curve.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see a team that has talent on both sides of the ball. I also see a team that will go nowhere due to the incompetency of the head coach.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure. But at least nobody can call us “paper champions”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sloppy x3...

Sloppy is the best word to use here.  Either these guys cant coach fundamentals or they selected players that are un coachable in the fundamentals.  12 men on the field?  10+ penalties per game.  One unnecessary roughness penalty in the first quarter ruining an entire game???Cut Revis to pick up Verner, Johnson, and Collins.Draft Winston over a trade down or MM.  Donavon Smith as a high second round pickAt some point, what exactly are we supposed to be cheering for?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the 2015 Bucs, after 3 games, appear to be a rudderless ship (bad coaching that doesn’t adapt to changes very well) that is springing leaks (stupid penalties at inopportune times), with tainted food and water supplies (bringing in players the past 2 years that don’t appear to be upgrades over the inherited roster).  and with the continued course…..ICEBERG AHEAD!!!! (another sub .500 season)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They've got an offense that can't move the ball consistently because their QB is prone to wild fits of inaccuracy and their offensive line can't open holes in the running game. They've got a defense that doesn't pressure the passer well, doesn't stop the run well, and doesn't cover in the secondary well.They've got a special teams unit that can't convert FGs and extra points.So yeah...

in regards to your comment on the Oline and the run game. Have you only seen one game so far this season? the run blocking has been fine so far, and if you compare it to last season its been an impressive improvement. You cant expect many holes in the run game against a Dline that has Watt, Wilfork, and Clowney all of whom were healthy and playing the whole game.As for the offense, they have been moving the ball, and thats despite the ridiculous amounts of penalties the QB is having to overcome. Moving the ball and scoring are different things, if you want to biasly trash our QB at least get it right. Yea he has some poor throws and a few rookie moments but to blame him and say the offense cant move the ball is pure BS. We've moved the ball pretty well so far in 2 out of 3 games all while battling way too many penalties. next Step is less penalties, finishing good drives with points, and tightening up those 3rd down conversions. Things we had in the bag but let slip out. Next week we'll be able to run again, and Evans catches those balls he didnt hang onto. I got good  feeling about next week feeling about next week. Huge game for Mike Evans.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

presently, were a directionless group of talented individuals…….playing as individuals rather than a cohesive unit (offense, defense, and special teams) who’s leader is emotionless and who fails to motivate his players, nor bring out the best in our players…as evidenced by the fact that we cannot appear consistent in any back to back games.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.