Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since there is no guarantee of a trade down, how do you list, in order of preference, your candidates to become a Buc?  For our non math majors, you only need to list 7.  Just kidding.1.  Aaron Donald-  I just believe you don't pass up a DT who has leverage, a rocket first step, a great swim move, good strength, great college tape,  successful positional versatility,  and rare stats for a DT.  If the Bucs don't get a pass rush with 4, this team will lose.  2. Greg Robinson-  Talented OT who I believe who can fill a huge need at G, but eventually make the switch to OT. 3. Khalil Mack- Not sure how he'd fit here as a SLB on 1st downs, but pass rushers will be welcome here with open arms.4. Johnny Manziel-  I'm for Glennon as the future, but it looks like Lovie disagrees.  Ok, then draft a guy who can excel at what Glennon does not (as much)....make plays on the move.5. Blake Bortles-  Again, if Lovie is going to boot Glennon, then address the most important position on the team.6. Sammy Watkins-  I'm not a fan of drafting 1st round WR's, but there is a glaring need...since Mike Williams is a huge loss, talent wise.7. Mike Evans-  I have no idea what Tedford prefers in WR's,  but I'm confident Lovie and Josh M. like TWO big targets.I passed on Clowney.  He may very well make me look foolish a year from now, but I question, (quoting Coach Schiano), whether this guy eats, sleeps, and breathes football.  Like to see other "insiders" -made for Lovie Bucs' big board. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1.    Teddy Bridgewater2.    Jake Matthews3.    Jadeveon Clowney4.    Khalil Mack5.    Aaron Donald6.    Sammy Watkins7.    Blake Bortles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like your first three, Sweep.  I am not in favor of using our first for a QB (nobody worth it) or a WR (very deep,  better value later IMHO).  That said, I actually don’t think the Manziel talk is just a smokescreen.  At first I thought it was B.S. to dupe another team into trading ahead of us to draft a QB so a guy we really wanted would fall.  After thinking about it, though, Smith is obviously down on Glennon (not sure why) and seems to favor a more mobile QB.  McCown is that, as is Manziel, and sitting him a year would give him a chance to grow up and learn better reads.  It doesn’t make sense to me, but I think it makes sense to him.  My board is: 1. Donald  2. Robinson  3. Mack  4. Clowney  5. Lewan  6. Matthews  7. Ebron.      I’d like to get a WR in the second, and then use whatever was left on interior O-linemen.  I was initially thinking I’d like to move back into the end of the second for a guy like Garoppolo, Mettenberger, or Savage, but on reflection I think I’d rather address that next year when the crop should be better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Matthews, Robinson, Evans, Donald-No QB first round. Murray or Garoppolo in the 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Clowney2. Watkins (I think he and Clowney are top 2 prospects on talent)3. Robinson (Unlike others, I view future LT as high impact and like that he could start at guard immediately)4. Matthews5. Mack (I still fear bust potential here, but DE is high impact position)6. Evans (VJax age worries me... we'll need a new big #1 eventually)7. Mosely (I think Lovie's D depends on MLB alot... Donald is growing on me though)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting takes guys.  I really wouldn’t have a problem with substituting Matthews, Lewan, Barr, or even Zach Martin for Watkins and/or Evans.  Offensive line and a Tampa 2 pass rush needs to be the priority, imo.  That is, unless Lovie wants a 1st round QB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting takes guys.  I really wouldn't have a problem with substituting Matthews, Lewan, Barr, or even Zach Martin for Watkins and/or Evans.  Offensive line and a Tampa 2 pass rush needs to be the priority, imo.  That is, unless Lovie wants a 1st round QB.

agree. Although would wonder about martin that high. Would also not mind matthews or lewan, but certainly wonder about that dynamic considering the signing of collins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Interesting takes guys.  I really wouldn't have a problem with substituting Matthews, Lewan, Barr, or even Zach Martin for Watkins and/or Evans.  Offensive line and a Tampa 2 pass rush needs to be the priority, imo.  That is, unless Lovie wants a 1st round QB.

agree. Although would wonder about martin that high. Would also not mind matthews or lewan, but certainly wonder about that dynamic considering the signing of collins.

Yes, i have been wondering myself about how likely we are to think about a 1st round tackle with just having signed Anthony Collins to a $30 million contract added to already having Demar Dotson who is, IMO, a very good football player, and was probably the best offensive player on our team last year (i rated him our 4th best player overall last year).Also, on the subject of Tackles, i appear to now be the only human being on planet earth that thinks that Jake Matthews is the best Offensive Tackle in this draft. Greg Robinson and Taylor Lewan are getting a lotta love, Robinson in particular. I personally would be stunned if Matthews doesn't turn out to be the better pro

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Clowney2. Mack3. Watkins4. Evans5. Manziel6. Donald7. Bortles

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Clowney2. Robinson3. Mathews4. Donald5. Mack6. Trade7. Trade

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Evans2. Watkins3. Mack4. Ebron5. Barr

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn’t take Matthews in the first round as we already have our two starting OTs and I think he would just be a pretty good G as he is NOT a dominating run blocker.Now ROBINSON OTOH, IS a dominating run blocker and would be a DEVASTATING G, IMO!!

Please wait…

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.