Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 39 reply threads

• Author

• buc-in-out

Participant

Came across the video the other day and figured I’d share. I don’t believe this was posted yet? My apologies if it was. The truth is that the Pats offense was REALLY banged up and lacked play making ability last season.

Brady has this death by a thousand cuts identity, but the truth is he throws to the open receiver, and he makes very very few mistakes. If Mike Evans has 1v1 coverage outside, I will expect Brady to give Mike the opportunity on deep routes with great success.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The #s don’t lie. Brady is in decline.

If these completion percentages from the last 7 games, were any other QB’s in the league and he was coming to Tampa at 43, there would be plenty that would be scratching his head.

Brady has rarely had great playmakers sans, Moss for 2.5 years, and Gronk when he is healthy. New England brings in players that know how to do their jobs well and do them repeatedly without mistake, every time. That is Belechick’s gift. He finds players that don’t fuck around and want to win more than they want to spend their money and be famous.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was throwing to garbage can receivers you dipshit. That’s been talked about over and over, even by Pat fans you dolt.

If these completion percentages from the last 7 games, were any other QB’s in the league and he was coming to Tampa at 43, there would be plenty that would be scratching his head.

Brady has rarely had great playmakers sans, Moss for 2.5 years, and Gronk when he is healthy. New England brings in players that know how to do their jobs well and do them repeatedly without mistake, every time. That is Belechick’s gift. He finds players that don’t fuck around and want to win more than they want to spend their money and be famous.

• kenntak

Participant

Then I suppose it will be embarrassing if the Bucs have a better record with “declining” Brady than Winston.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Then I suppose it will be embarrassing if the Bucs have a better record with “declining” Brady than Winston.

You new to Tampa fandom? Give me one example where we made a splash hire, and it worked out for us that didn’t involve Jon Gruden (even then, we paid dearly long term for one year of glory). I’ll help you out, there aren’t any. And I am not saying it won’t work, what I am saying is, there is reason to be skeptical and no one in Tampa seems to see that.

Bringing up Winston is a strawman. I have been a fan of the Bucs since the first snap, some two year marketing move isn’t going to change that. I just hope we aren’t walking into a pipe bomb.

Also, give me one example of a Patriot player, under Belichick, leaving (Garapolo is someone BB wanted to keep he was overruled by Kraft so he doesn’t count) where that player went on to do much of anything with another team. He knows when it’s time to let go.

• Pennywise

Participant

Brady left because it was his choice..Kraft already said had he wanted to stay, he would still be a pat.

Gronk left by his choice.

• Pennywise

Participant

Michael Giardi
      @MikeGiardi
      Robert Kraft told me “if Tom wanted to remain a Patriot, we would have had a deal.” Said Brady believes it was best to turn the page and start a new chapter of his life in football and beyond

• Pennywise

Participant

Now hopefully over next 2 years tom can change,below…bucz will get a QB early in next years draft..they understand gabbert and griff are not the answer.

The Buccaneers are the losingest franchise in American major league sports. They have a lower lifetime winning percentage (.387) than any team in the NFL, NBA, NHL, or Major League Baseball. They define “losing culture.”

Launched in 1976, the Bucs set the tone when they lost the first 26 games in franchise history. They have played only 15 playoff games in their 44 seasons. They haven’t won a playoff game since 2003

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Giardi
      @MikeGiardi
      Robert Kraft told me “if Tom wanted to remain a Patriot, we would have had a deal.” Said Brady believes it was best to turn the page and start a new chapter of his life in football and beyond

There was no slant as to whose choice it was. That has nothing to do with the point. He had to have a take to leave, and Tampa was the only one willing to pay him like we did.

• Pennywise

Participant

Brady is about to put up one of his best seasons in a long time.

I am fine with him for years,just get your long term WB next year.

• kenntak

Participant

The culture is already changing for the better. The defense should do better, now that they will not be stuck in a hole so many times by turnovers. I think the Bucs can go 10-6 and make the playoffs with Brady this year. He will do better than our former QB who is basically a third string QB now. Even Mariota got a better job. I know Brady is old, but his experience, intensity, and respect he garners will be great for the Bucs. They can groom their next QB under Brady.

I think this is going a bit crazy, but Skip Bayless predicted the Bucs to lose the first game against the Saints, but end up going 13-3 and getting to the Super Bowl.

Deflate, I could end up being wrong, but I do think we should see at least a wild card this year. I hope for more, but this team needs obviously needs to get back to the postseason.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The culture is already changing for the better. The defense should do better, now that they will not be stuck in a hole so many times by turnovers. I think the Bucs can go 10-6 and make the playoffs with Brady this year. He will do better than our former QB who is basically a third string QB now. Even Mariota got a better job. I know Brady is old, but his experience, intensity, and respect he garners will be great for the Bucs. They can groom their next QB under Brady.

I think this is going a bit crazy, but Skip Bayless predicted the Bucs to lose the first game against the Saints, but end up going 13-3 and getting to the Super Bowl.

Deflate, I could end up being wrong, but I do think we should see at least a wild card this year. I hope for more, but this team needs obviously needs to get back to the postseason.

How the fuck would you know the culture is changing for the better??? What indications are there that we have a changing culture at OBP? You are speculating. They haven’t met face to face as a team yet. So, let’s slow down on this being some huge culture change. It’s a culture change when 5 years from now, we are in the top 10 franchises consistently going in to each season. That will have a lot more to do with the QB then and the coaching staff then. This feels like a money grab and maybe a low seed playoff run.

• Pennywise

Participant

Brady stays healthy, bucs make playoffs.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston sucks. Thirty INTs? Bwaaahaaaahahahahahaha!!!

• kenntak

Participant

Well, you don’t have to believe me about a culture change. Just read what Mike Evans said:

“The opportunity to get Tom Brady. Like, that’s Tom Brady, bro. Like that’s the greatest of all-time,” Evans told former Bucs receiver Louis Murphy on Instagram Live, via The Tampa Bay Times. “[Brady’s a] franchise changer. Like he’s about to change the franchise. Like, ticket sales are going through the roof. Like prime time games. And he understands the game of football to nobody else understands that level besides the greats and it’s going to be great to work with him, you understand what I’m saying. The young receiving corps we got, the tight ends we’ve got, we’ve got Gronk coming in … it’s going to be great for the city. And it’s going to be just great overall. Hopefully we have a great season, everybody stays healthy and it pans out the way we want.”

That sounds like a lot of excitement. I bet some defensive personnel are very happy too. ;) Here is the full article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-evans-believes-tom-brady-is-about-to-change-the-franchise-after-joining-buccaneers/

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, you don’t have to believe me about a culture change. Just read what Mike Evans said:

“The opportunity to get Tom Brady. Like, that’s Tom Brady, bro. Like that’s the greatest of all-time,” Evans told former Bucs receiver Louis Murphy on Instagram Live, via The Tampa Bay Times. “[Brady’s a] franchise changer. Like he’s about to change the franchise. Like, ticket sales are going through the roof. Like prime time games. And he understands the game of football to nobody else understands that level besides the greats and it’s going to be great to work with him, you understand what I’m saying. The young receiving corps we got, the tight ends we’ve got, we’ve got Gronk coming in … it’s going to be great for the city. And it’s going to be just great overall. Hopefully we have a great season, everybody stays healthy and it pans out the way we want.”

That sounds like a lot of excitement. I bet some defensive personnel are very happy too. ;) Here is the full article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/mike-evans-believes-tom-brady-is-about-to-change-the-franchise-after-joining-buccaneers/

I hear you. Saying something at the point of it happening, and having some time for it to sink in are two different things. 43 is 43, there will be elements of Tom’s game that just aren’t there anymore. Hopefully enough of his game is still intact to get us 24 TDs and 4200 yards. I think those are the #s. If so, our defense should get us to the playoffs. Good looking D.

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@deflategatesteve wrote:

You new to Tampa fandom? Give me one example where we made a splash hire, and it worked out for us that didn’t involve Jon Gruden (even then, we paid dearly long term for one year of glory). I’ll help you out, there aren’t any. And I am not saying it won’t work, what I am saying is, there is reason to be skeptical and no one in Tampa seems to see that.

WR Vincent Jackson worked out.
      LG Carl Nicks worked out, but MRSA. ::: smh :::

Both of these players played at a high rate. Nicks always produced at Pro Bowl level when he was able to play. That guy straight up dominated! Both of those players came in the GM Dom and HC Schiano. VJax went to the Pro Bowl in 2012. (Man… if Freeman didn’t go mental! grrrrrr )

Another player who actually helped out the Bucs was CB Revis in 2013. Revis went to the Pro Bowl as a Buc, but also vastly improved our pass defense!

Football Outsiders, Defensive Metrics

2012: Rush defense = 3rd, Pass defense = 26th
        2013: Rush defense = 8th, Pass defense = 11th

The problem with the 2013 team was the offensive side. Freeman went mental and we were forced to start with project QB Glennon in his rookie year. Also, RB Martin was having a good season until a fateful wheel route where Martin dove for the ball out of bounds and broke his clavicle to end his year. Martin was averaging 76.0 yards per game against top rush defenses in the first six games, which would have made him finish as a top-10 rusher in 2013 (but probably more because the rest of the schedule had easier rush defensive teams).

A contemporary hire (acquisition) is JPP. He gave us our first double digit sack player in a while with 12.5 sacks, 16 TFLs, and 20 QB hits in 2018 with the Bucs.

You keep talking in absolutes, which is a trait of narrative driven people. I presented four players that worked out well for the Bucs individually. All three were splash acquisitions (or hire). Maybe you don’t know Bucs’ history, which is why you’re all narrative.

You beat bad speech with good speech. Facts.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Looking at the stats, it sure does look like Brady regressed last year. After watching that video, I don’t believe he has.

Complaining about his completion percentage? The video explains that too. Brady does not take sacks, he refuses to lose yardage, so what he does when he goes thru his progressions and cannot find an open receiver (which happened often last year) is he throws a poorly located ball that neither his receiver nor defender can catch from in the pocket… he refuses to lose yards, so Brady throws it away from the pocket instead of taking the sack. By doing this, he avoids the intentional grounding call.

Thats why his completion percentage was down last year, not because he’s been less accurate.

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a narrative driven fanboy of Jameis Stinkston, simple as that. You are correct in assessing his makeup, because the guy is mildly touched anyway. He behaves like an idiot, with only Jameis on the mind.

@deflategatesteve wrote:

Both of these players played at a high rate. Nicks always produced at Pro Bowl level when he was able to play. That guy straight up dominated! Both of those players came in the GM Dom and HC Schiano. VJax went to the Pro Bowl in 2012. (Man… if Freeman didn’t go mental! grrrrrr )

Another player who actually helped out the Bucs was CB Revis in 2013. Revis went to the Pro Bowl as a Buc, but also vastly improved our pass defense!

The problem with the 2013 team was the offensive side. Freeman went mental and we were forced to start with project QB Glennon in his rookie year. Also, RB Martin was having a good season until a fateful wheel route where Martin dove for the ball out of bounds and broke his clavicle to end his year. Martin was averaging 76.0 yards per game against top rush defenses in the first six games, which would have made him finish as a top-10 rusher in 2013 (but probably more because the rest of the schedule had easier rush defensive teams).

A contemporary hire (acquisition) is JPP. He gave us our first double digit sack player in a while with 12.5 sacks, 16 TFLs, and 20 QB hits in 2018 with the Bucs.

You keep talking in absolutes, which is a trait of narrative driven people. I presented four players that worked out well for the Bucs individually. All three were splash acquisitions (or hire). Maybe you don’t know Bucs’ history, which is why you’re all narrative.

• Anonymous

Inactive

@deflategatesteve wrote:

Those are hardly success stories. Without looking it up on Google, tell me how many games Nicks played as a Buccaneer. The MRSA thing is what I am talking about. All time player, comes to Tampa and nearly loses a limb due to infection. That’s Buc ball. Helped us win exactly zero games. Same with Revis. We let a HOF DB go in Talib and got a one year rehab stint out of Revis. That’s Buc Ball. Let’s hope the Grandpa Bay experiment has longer lasting impact.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thing we got rid of the walking turnover who can’t get the Bucs I to the playoffs because he uses google to coach himself. Had Godwin, Evans, Brate, OJ, Hump…couldn’t do shit. He threw a lot of INTs and pick 6’s though! Lolz! Coach Google worked out great for him! What a shitbag Winston is.

@deflategatesteve wrote:

Those are hardly success stories. Without looking it up on Google, tell me how many games Nicks played as a Buccaneer. The MRSA thing is what I am talking about. All time player, comes to Tampa and nearly loses a limb due to infection. That’s Buc ball. Helped us win exactly zero games. Same with Revis. We let a HOF DB go in Talib and got a one year rehab stint out of Revis. That’s Buc Ball. Let’s hope the Grandpa Bay experiment has longer lasting impact.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Fun to watch

• BucBalla85

Participant

I gotta say that the whole “used Google as a coach” got me rolling. Jameis is pointing the finger anywhere but at himself. A real issue I see for him and for most people out there who have no ability to take responsibility and accountability for their issues/actions. Good thing for him that he has Drew Brees to learn from because maybe he will listen to him instead of Google. Lol…

• AntCam

Participant

Bringing up Winston is a strawman. I have been a fan of the Bucs since the first snap, some two year marketing move isn’t going to change that. I just hope we aren’t walking into a pipe bomb.

Also, give me one example of a Patriot player, under Belichick, leaving (Garapolo is someone BB wanted to keep he was overruled by Kraft so he doesn’t count) where that player went on to do much of anything with another team. He knows when it’s time to let go.

Legarrette Blount🤷🏾‍♂️ won a SuperBowl with the Eagles

Fire those Cannons!!!!

• Barnz1

Participant

Strong Opnion Sports is a good channel. Analyzes film well.

Declining Brady is a still a top QB in this league. He’s going to have one of his best seasons of recent years with the weapons he’s about to receive. Fancy going from a 33 year old Edelman who dropped everything, 30 year old average Sanu, flop Dorsett who they just got rid of and bust potential Harry to prime Mike Evans, coming into prime Chris Godwin, prime OJ Howard and add Gronk/Brate for good measure. Oh and Tyler Johnson. Go watch Johnson’s film and compare to Harry. It’s amazing one was a 1st round pick and one a 5th round pick. Harry can’t even separate from his man with route running.

The haters will eat a 4600 yards, 29 TD, 10 INT season. Basically will be similar to his 2018 season.

What other options did we have? Sign Rivers to the same sort of contract? I’ll take Brady. Sign Bridgewater to similar money? God no. Re-sign Winston to a massive overpaid deal and be hamstrung for years? Hell no.

This team is set to win now with older vets like Suh, JPP, Lavonte, etc. Brady was the smart choice.

• Bill Belichick

Participant

Richard Seymour, Wes Welker, Ty Law, Chandler Jones, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Millow…want me to continue?

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

@deflategatesteve wrote:

I do not know where you get your numbers from, but it’s hodge-podge and doesn’t match up to Pro-Football-Reference numbers.

Brady’s last 7 games, using Pro Football Reference info

Attempts and Drops

Gm 10: 26/47 att (or 55.3%); 4 Drops = 30/47 att (or 63.8%)
        Gm 11: 17/37 att (or 45.9%); 5 Drops = 22/37 att (or 59.4%)
        Gm 12: 24/47 att (or 51.0%); 2 Drops = 26/47 att (or 55.3%)
        Gm 13: 19/36 att (or 52.7%); 3 Drops = 22/36 att (or 61.1%)
        Gm 14: 15/29 att (or 51.7%); 2 Drops = 17/29 att (or 58.6%)
        Gm 15: 26/33 att (or 78.7%); 1 Drop = 27/33 att (or 81.8%)
        Gm 16: 16/29 att (or 55.1%); 2 Drops = 18/29 att (or 62.0%)

What’s amiss in these advanced stats are the throwaway stats per game. Brady had 40 throwaways, according to Pro-Football-Reference, the most in the league. If we were to take the average of the 40 throwaways for 16 games, then we get 2.5 throwaways per game. Let’s add those 2.5 throwaways per game just to see how it affects the overall completion. I will alternate between 2 and 3 throwaways per game to get 2.5 average.

Attempts, Drops, and Throwaways (TA)

Gm 10: 26/47 att (or 55.3%); 4 Drops + 2 TA = 32/47 att (or 68.0%)
        Gm 11: 17/37 att (or 45.9%); 5 Drops + 3 TA = 25/37 att (or 75.6%)
        Gm 12: 24/47 att (or 51.0%); 2 Drops + 2 TA = 28/47 att (or 59.5%)
        Gm 13: 19/36 att (or 52.7%); 3 Drops + 3 TA = 25/36 att (or 69.4%)
        Gm 14: 15/29 att (or 51.7%); 2 Drops + 2 TA = 19/29 att (or 65.5%)
        Gm 15: 26/33 att (or 78.7%); 1 Drop + 3 TA = 30/33 att (or 90.9%)
        Gm 16: 16/29 att (or 55.1%); 2 Drops + 2 TA = 20/29 att (or 68.9%)

Although Belichick isn’t here to gift a particular automation, former coach Koetter did gift Brady some receiving talent with the additions of WR Godwin, TE Brate, and TE Howard as Koetter decided to go full Vert in 2017 b/c our OLine couldn’t generate a run game. Evans was here before Koetter (Evans was here with Vincent Jackson). Tampa also got very fortunate to land WR Tyler Johnson in this past draft.

But this notion that the Patriot receivers were amazing is astounding considering they had a total of 34 drops, according to Pro Football Reference, which is about 2.125 drops per game.

When all you have is narrative, then your scope is narrow and is lacking a plethora of context. Hopefully, next time you’ll take into account dropped passes as well as throwaway passes.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good old GottaDeflateJabooJones is really on a roll. A really stupid one as usual. The guy is dumb as a box of rocks.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Richard Seymour, Wes Welker, Ty Law, Chandler Jones, Adam Vinatieri, Lawyer Millow…want me to continue?

Every player you mentioned had their best days as a Pat.

• Greattimes

Participant

Even a declining Brady would be a vast improvement over the turnover machine, Jameis Winston.

• KyBucfan51

Participant

Fans along with analyst sell Evans and Godwin short saying they can’t mesh with Brady because they are deep route WRs. Desean Jackson is that WR the two guys they have outside are superstars they can adapt. Back shoulder throws will be a problem both guys will benefit from having the ball placed in better position.

• Patsboy12

Participant

Brady stays healthy, bucs make playoffs.

It really is just that simple.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

When Brady had Antonio Brown last year even for 1 game with zero work together: When Antonio Brown was on the field, Brady went 7 for 13 for 90 yards and a touchdown. He had a quarterback rating of 101.4. 56 of those 90 yards to Brown.

Brady will have so much more than 1 Antonio Brown. Even a GOAT needs somebody to throw to.

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing plug and play about Brady’s game. There is going to be an adjustment for everyone with the new offense.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whose game is “plug and play” at the QB position you moron?

There is nothing plug and play about Brady’s game. There is going to be an adjustment for everyone with the new offense.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

You’re right. There will be a slight adjustment period if there’s a modification in the scheme.

Good thing for Evans, Godwin, Brate, and Howard will be for the first time in their professional career; they’ll have a QB with great accuracy, ball placement, and sound decision making.

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re right. There will be a slight adjustment period if there’s a modification in the scheme.

Good thing for Evans, Godwin, Brate, and Howard will be for the first time in their professional career; they’ll have a QB with great accuracy, ball placement, and sound decision making.

It will also be the first time in their career they are catching balls from someone much closer to their Dad’s age. Again, it’s hilarious that some think Brady is better now than he’s ever been. There aren’t enough stretchy bands in America, to revert him back to the player he was even two years ago.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who thinks he’s better now than he was before? You talking to yourself clown boy. As usual. Does your idiocy and Jameis loving ever stop? You’re not a fan of our Bucs. Your a turd like troll that has the brains of a dim witted fanboy. Truth hurts don’t it?

It will also be the first time in their career they are catching balls from someone much closer to their Dad’s age. Again, it’s hilarious that some think Brady is better now than he’s ever been. There aren’t enough stretchy bands in America, to revert him back to the player he was even two years ago.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

You didn’t even remember to add Gronkowski or Howard or brate…. if he stays healthy it’s going to be fun for a change to watch our qb play

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

Amen

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.