Although Pewter Report’s editorial staff is currently full, we will be hiring in the future and always looking for new, talented writers on a full- or part-time basis. Feel free to submit your resume´ for future consideration. Typically most interviews and hiring take place in the offseason. Please click on MORE DETAILS for a complete job description and a list of candidate requirements.
This is a full- and part-time position requiring the following:
• Consistently write thorough feature stories and columns pertaining to the Buccaneers and NFL for Pewter Report's Digital Magazine and PewterReport.com.
• Be able to develop contacts and sources within the Bucs organization as well as around the NFL.
• Conduct compelling interviews with players, coaches, front office personnel, agents.
• Transcribe quotes from interviews.
• Meeting deadlines and handling a heavy workload is a must.
• Represent Pewter Report and PewterReport.com well in radio and television appearances.
• Must have a thorough understanding of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Must have a solid grasp on the English language.
• Writer must also be able and willing to handle miscellaneous projects while covering the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Must possess instincts and knowledge necessary to write compelling stories/columns and break news on the Bucs.
• Covering Tampa Bay Buccaneers practices at One Buccaneer Place, training camp and mini-camps.
• Covering the NFL Draft, Senior Bowl and random press conferences.
• Covering Tampa Bay Buccaneers home and away games.
• Must be flexible in terms of dropping everything to cover a breaking news story or attend a press conference. Can’t be afraid of working up to seven days per week.
A person in the Tampa Bay area is preferred, but out-of-state candidates will be considered. Face-to-face communication, excellent written and phone communication and computer proficiency are necessary in a potential candidate. This candidate must possess a thorough understanding of the Buccaneers, English language and grammar. This candidate must be self-motivated and able and willing to work within a team that strives to bring Tampa Bay Buccaneers fans the news and information they crave and deserve on a regular basis.
Subscribers to Pewter Report will have a step above the competition as knowing how our magazine and website covers the Bucs compared to other media outlets is crucial to success in this position.
Although not a necessity, previous reporting/writing experience is a big plus. Reporter instincts are required to do this job effectively. This position offers long-term growth opportunities in a company that continues to grow and establish itself as the source for inside news on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
HOW TO APPLY
If you’re interested in becoming a Pewter Reporter, please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting a writing sample(s) will help you stand out from others.
Please do not call Pewter Report in regards to this opportunity. Each resumé will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and qualified candidates will be contacted in a timely manner.
Thank you in advance for your interest in pursuing this unique career opportunity and joining the Pewter Report team.
|Bucs Sign WR Hawkins; Make Wright Signing Official|
|Bucs Sign Former Bears Long Snapper Cain|
|Bucs Keep Rainey In Tampa Bay With One-Year Extension|
|Bucs Hire Slater To Replace Toriscelli As Team Trainer|
|Revis Earns Sporting News Come Back Player Of The Year|
|Reynolds Talks Bucs QB Situation And Draft on 98.7 The Fan FM|
|Bucs Tedford Talks Offense And Quarterbacks With 98.7 The Fan|
|Spence Sacked With Speeding And Possession Charge|
|Reynolds Talks Bucs With KDMS On 98.7 The Fan 1-9|
|Reynolds Talks Bucs, Glennon, Offense On 98.7 The Fan|
|Reynolds On The Kirk And Dinger Morning Show 12-12|
|Cook On 98.7 The Fan Wednesday 12-11|
|Carr Visits Bucs On Wednesday; Says He's The Best QB In Draft|
|Johnson Trying To Get To Double-Digit Sacks With Help From Rice|
|McCoy Relishes His New Role As "Piston That Drives The Engine"|
|PewterReport.com's 2014 Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft 4.0|
|PewterReport.com NFL Draft Big Board 2.0|
|SR's Fab 5 - 4-11|
|Pewter Report Chat With Scott Reynolds Transcript 4-11|
|Connect With PewterReport.com On Social Media|
|2014 Bucs Preseason Schedule: Smith Era Begins In Jacksonville|
|Jackson Embraces Smith's "Win Now" Message To Buccaneers|
|Glennon Says He His Approach Won't Change Despite Demotion|
|Barth Cleared To Return To Football|