Courtesy of Bay News 9
Fans showing up to One Buccaneer Place to see their boys in pewter and red open training camp will have to hope Sunday’s weather is improved from what the Bay area saw over last few days.
Earlier in the day the team told the media that the Saturday 2:30 p.m. start has been pushed back to 5:00, but around 4:15 it was announced that the open practice was canceled. The team is still hoping to get some type of work in at some point Saturday, but if it happens it will not be open to the public. There is a possibility that a workout could happen off site.
PewterReport.com will stick it out throughout the evening in case there is practice, and we are expecting some players and Lovie Smith to be available later on Saturday.
Pingback: Practice Still On But Delayed Again | Buccaneer Bruce
No one thought about planning ahead and reserving Tropican Field in case of rain?
Good luck in getting practice in tomorrow.
Tampa Bay! Rain, Heat, Lightning.
Days like this should be the driving force for an indoor practice facility, even more so than the summer heat. Or move training camp to Southern California. A catchy song told me in never rains there.
JoeBucs said this and in a rare instance I agree – We don’t need a roof, we need players. And I’ll take it a step further, we need players that can play in the rain, heat, and snow because that’s what they’re going to have to do over 16 games.
Early reports say that practice was uneven, whatever that means! Bad players indoors are still bad players!
I hope this means the first padded practice is Tues. b/c I won’t be able to make it out there on Monday….. the 1st day in pads is one of the most intense practices of the season.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
© 2017 PewterReport.com All Rights reserved. Marketing Tampa | Visual Realm